Split Personality

This might be a stupid newbie question...

As a family we use one identity TheAardvarkFamily, the rule being that at least 2 of us need to be present, and individually I use the identity MrAardvark. For this we have two accounts, the family one is premium, the individual one is standard.

Sometimes this causes confusions when for instance MrAardvark goes to a member only cache that he found via a family PQ. Also since MrAardvark is not premium he cannot easily generate a MyFinds PQ for statistics.

Obviously I would prefer not to pay multiple subscriptions...

Is there a better way to organise split personalities? e.g. have an Alias for some finds?

I note for example that when caches are published they sometimes seem to have been published by an alias?

Thanks in advance

MrA

You have one account and it's just up to you how you decide to log caches as a family.

We're two of us in The Blorenges. Nearly all our caches are found when we're together but from time to time MrB may find one when he's away on business or I might find one when I'm somewhere on my own. We always sign the log book as The Blorenges even if it's just one of us at the cache but in such a case, when doing the on-line log, we'll usually put (MrB) or (MrsB) at the end, mostly for our own reference.

As for placing caches: On the cache submission form you can put whatever you like into the box "Who placed the cache" so that any placer name can appear at the top of the page but it will always link back to the true account profile of whoever set it.

MrsB

Your choice of how you limit yourselves. What about when the little Aardvarks are older and want their own logins?

We cache as Jennifer&Dean. But I travel for business and get caches while on trips. Those are still logged under our name, usually with the log saying Jennifer of Jennifer&Dean at the end so a reader would know only one of us found it.

My brother caches with us, I finally made his premium membership part of his birthday presents so I can get him his own PQs. The $30 a year ended up being worth the bother as he has different finds than we have.

On the plus side, you can log premium caches through the backdoor method. But PQs are different. Although, if you use GSAK, you can do a weekly update of caches in your area from your main account and filter out caches that you have logged before doing an upload for yourself. Takes a bit of work on the front end, but it is possible.

Jennifer

We're two of us in The Blorenges. Nearly all our caches are found when we're together but from time to time MrB may find one when he's away on business or I might find one when I'm somewhere on my own. We always sign the log book as The Blorenges even if it's just one of us at the cache but in such a case, when doing the on-line log, we'll usually put (MrB) or (MrsB) at the end, mostly for our own reference.

We do this the same way, there are two of us and we log all our finds under this name. We usually note when it was just one that found it, but not always.

it would be nice if they offered up a family, or group account.. say $50 and you can have up to five accounts

any more then $50 would probably turn folks away, but if they could have multiple accounts, each with premium privileges, I think would be quite useful for folks

course that might encourage more sock-puppet type accounts, but I've never considered sock puppets much of a threat.. more just an annoyance