Yet another reason to LOVE geocaching......

This morning I got my coffee and checked my email. There in my inbox was a message from Groundspeak....

"You've Received a Groundspeak Gift Membership!"

that's right, to my wonder and surprise Christmas has come early this year!! I hardly have the words to express what a gift like this means to me. Money is not my friend at the moment (not unlike a lot of families these days) and I really need to get a GPS. The two costs together were feeling a little out of reach.

BUT NOW!!!!

now that a very kind cacher (I know who they are, I just don't know if they want me to say who they are) decided I was worthy of their time, their charity, their gift, I can be that much closer to the purchase of a GPS! (and tracking tags)

I can't believe the incredible kindness and open welcomes I have received here in such a short time. I want to thank all of you for that.

With a special thanks to my geocaching fairy!

this community rocks!!

much love and respect to all

~ 5$

edited to add..... I give my word to pay it forward as soon as I can!!

Edited by FiveDollarGuitar

Cool!

Wayyy COOL!!!

Now, buy a plane ticket to Seattle and plan to be there at least from 7/2-7/4 for GeoWoodstock 8 and related events and you'll come away downright orgasmic about geocaching. Seriously. I'm excited just thinking about it. :D Me and 6,000 to maybe 10,000 of my closest friends will BE there. :laughing:

What a lovely surprise for you! You will probably find that a time will come when you are able to do something similar for someone. You will enjoy that as much as you enjoyed receiving your Premium Membership, I am sure.

Whoever the anonymous benefactor is - this story gave me the warm fuzzies also. Thank you, and here's a cyber hug.. (( ))

I seriously LOVE the people here!!

So far I have met 99.9% genuine, kind, friendly, and otherwise, kick-butt folks!

I received an email message from a fellow cacher who has offered to send me an old GPS that they no longer need.

That's right, I can now geocache the way it was meant to be done!

I offered to pay for any mailing costs and they replied, "if you like you can send 5$, doesn't matter much. If you do, you will have a 5$ GPS and a 5$ guitar!" :blink:

I really do own a 5$ guitar, btw. Made me smile even more.

I would have never been able to afford these items (membership, or GPS) anytime soon. The kindness of others absolutely makes me :D I am overflowing with warm and fuzzies!! :blink:

I really want to dive into this game/sport/hobby with all I got, and now, there is nothing holding me back!!

THANK YOU, all of YOU. There are honestly no words large enough to say how BIG my gratitude is. I am beside myself with how truly awesome this community is.

tons of love, much respect~ 5$

(I can hardly wait to pay all this kindness and generosity forward!!!)

Edited by FiveDollarGuitar

If you look hard enough for friendly, good hearted, generous cachers, you'll find them. If you look for angsty ones, you'll find them also. As for geocaches, well, you can't find them all... :)

Another way of saying... "Life is like a box of coyotes."

(It made more sense before being translated.)

These are always nice threads to read. I was reading one a while back and someone mentioned not being able to afford the premium membership and a short while later someone gifted them. As cynical as some a lot of posts on these forums seem to be, they are just genuine opinions and there are some really good people on here.

I broke a heater hose connector in my truck in the middle of a national forest an hour from home and 5 minutes later another cacher pulled up and was there with me for over 2 hours until the new part arrived. I hid a cache that tells the story: Along Came Pilfering. I love this game.