My Finds Pocket Query

Horse Tavern

Just make sure you don't delete the old one right before you request the new one. I did and then when I sent the request for the new one, it never came. DOH! Guess it all got crossed in the electrons somewhere. Now I got to wait the 7 days. Hmmm.....7 days....wasn't that in a movie somewhere? :o

Just make sure you don't delete the old one right before you request the new one. I did and then when I sent the request for the new one, it never came. DOH! Guess it all got crossed in the electrons somewhere. Now I got to wait the 7 days. Hmmm.....7 days....wasn't that in a movie somewhere? :D

Wished I'd have know that sooner. I just did the same thing.

Sometimes I wish when things worked, somebody wouldn't come along and fix it!

BTW

What was wrong with sending them in an email???

Outside of the constant stream of posts about MyFinds PQ's running and not showing up in the email, probably nothing.

So if I never posted about MyFinds not arriving in e-mail, they will continue to send them to me?

They did it to reduce the load on outgoing e-mail. It wasn't because of missing e-mail complaints. (If it were just missing e-mails, they would continue to e-mail with the option of downloading.)

Just make sure you don't delete the old one right before you request the new one. I did and then when I sent the request for the new one, it never came. DOH! Guess it all got crossed in the electrons somewhere. Now I got to wait the 7 days. Hmmm.....7 days....wasn't that in a movie somewhere? :D

Wished I'd have know that sooner. I just did the same thing.

Sometimes I wish when things worked, somebody wouldn't come along and fix it!

Hey, here's what I just did, I don't know why I didn't think of this sooner. DOH! So simple. Just make a regular PQ for your finds! I labeled it "Finds" and set it so it only searches for caches that I have found. It's the same as the MyFinds, only you can run it anytime you want. Works just the same, unless you have finds outside of the limited search area. :( OH, and I guess if you have finds over a 1000, (which I see that you are now) it wouldn't work either, didn't think about that since I'm no where close to that yet. :laughing:

Hmm....thinking here...If you use GSAK, you could make different PQs and filter them in a way to limit the results so that each returns results less than 1000, then combine them in GSAK to get all your finds in one database. Maybe do one for smalls and micros, one for everything else...something like that. Just a thought.

Edited by EddieB606
Just make a regular PQ for your finds! I labeled it "Finds" and set it so it only searches for caches that I have found. It's the same as the MyFinds, only you can run it anytime you want.

You don't get archived caches, in addition to the other limitations you already mentioned.

Just make a regular PQ for your finds! I labeled it "Finds" and set it so it only searches for caches that I have found. It's the same as the MyFinds, only you can run it anytime you want.

You don't get archived caches, in addition to the other limitations you already mentioned.

And it only goes out 500 miles, plus it is limited to 1000 caches max. So if you have over a 1000 finds and some 1200 miles away what do you do? Perhaps you have not fully tested the limits yet.

And it only goes out 500 miles, plus it is limited to 1000 caches max. So if you have over a 1000 finds and some 1200 miles away what do you do? Perhaps you have not fully tested the limits yet.

Yeah, I mentioned that. That's where I mentioned maybe having to make more than one PQ. Obviously, if you been doing this for a long time, it's not going to work very well for you, but for someone new like me, it's a nice work around.

Ok, maybe this, if you still got your last MyFind PQ that you ran, just do the search in the area the you visit since then and combine the two! Always a way around any problem. LOL

Edited by EddieB606
Yeah, I mentioned that. That's where I mentioned maybe having to make more than one PQ. Obviously, if you been doing this for a long time, it's not going to work very well for you, but for someone new like me, it's a nice work around.

You still can't get around the archived cache limitation. Unless you create a bookmark (or multiple bookmarks) with all your finds.

You still can't get around the archived cache limitation. Unless you create a bookmark (or multiple bookmarks) with all your finds.

Ok, maybe this, if you still got your last MyFind PQ that you ran, just do the search in the area the you visit since then and combine the two! Always a way around any problem. LOL

**Edit; Works for me, your mileage may vary.

Edited by EddieB606

**Edit; Works for me, your mileage may vary.

That's what I do, actually, to update my finds if I don't want to download individual GPX. I have "found by me" and "changed in last 7 days" selected. Of course, any caches archived in last 7 days are out of luck.

I thought of using GM to provide a link to add a cache to bookmark after I log. Seems to be too much work for too little benefit in my case though.

Thanks. It used to be the .gpx file was emailed to you. Groundspeak must have changed the interface.

All PQ's with over 500 caches are now downloaded and not emailed.

These solutions seem like a lot of work when you can just run the My Finds once a week and get them all (archived or not).

Thanks. It used to be the .gpx file was emailed to you. Groundspeak must have changed the interface.

All PQ's with over 500 caches are now downloaded and not emailed.

These solutions seem like a lot of work when you can just run the My Finds once a week and get them all (archived or not).

Not hard at all and yeah, it's much easier to just do the My Finds. For my case right now though, for whatever reason, my fault or a glitch in the system, my My Finds got messed up and didn't send to me and now I have to wait a week to get them. I had planned to go out this weekend and work on my county challenge. I need to see what counties I have and which I need. So I needed a quick work around. I was just pointing out for others that maybe were in a similar situation and needed a work around also.

But yes, if it weren't for that, I would just wait the week and not worry about it.

Is anyone else having problems getting the My Finds Pocket Query to run? I have tried twice in the last 10 days and never received the email. I do need to wait the 7 days between requests, but I never get the .gpx file.

Horse Tavern

I have the same problem, was looking here for help. They did change the system recently so you need to download it manually. I got the notification it was available for download, but nothing was there to download.

Markj57

Is anyone else having problems getting the My Finds Pocket Query to run? I have tried twice in the last 10 days and never received the email. I do need to wait the 7 days between requests, but I never get the .gpx file.

Horse Tavern

I have the same problem, was looking here for help. They did change the system recently so you need to download it manually. I got the notification it was available for download, but nothing was there to download.

Markj57

I discovered this myself today. I'm technically savvy enough to where I had no problem with mine, but a friend that is not was wanting hers, and trying to explain to her via email how to do it was NOT fun!!

Click the download tab:

I wish for the old interface. It breaks automation on my end to have to download the zip files now that they are not attached to the emails. Makes me almost want to drop paid membership.

Yes, that most definitely solve the no MyFinds in email problem.

I wish for the old interface. It breaks automation on my end to have to download the zip files now that they are not attached to the emails. Makes me almost want to drop paid membership.

I'm sorry you don't handle change well. It disrupts a lot of things. All the GSAK Macros that handle the mail will have to be modified and that is a large group.

I have found the best solution when faced with change is two margaritas.

Horse Tavern

Markj57

I discovered this myself today. I'm technically savvy enough to where I had no problem with mine, but a friend that is not was wanting hers, and trying to explain to her via email how to do it was NOT fun!!

I have a similar problem.

When i include myfinds with the submit button the email with the link to fetch it comes at once,

but when i visit the link there are no myFinds in the download tab.

Please help me soon.

I am a premium member and i expect, that all features for premium members

work properly.

All other pocket queries are workin fine.

Thank you for your help

kind regards

Hermann

Questions for Markwell (or TPTB):

In your post #23 above you show that there are 6 PQ's ready for download. The 6th is My Finds Pocket Query which has a red cross.

I have a similar red cross against my My Finds Pocket Query. When I click to download it, the download stops after 31%. Apparently the zip file is broken at GC.

Questions:

1. Why does this red cross appear?

2. How do I get around this GC problem?

The red x is supposed to indicate that its a special query that you can't delete. Everyone's myfinds query has that same indicator.

As for it hanging at 31%, there could be a variety of reasons. When it stops, does it just sit there like it thinks its still working, do you get an error, what happens?

Potato Finder:

Thanks for the explanation about the red cross. I thought it meant there was something amiss with the file. Particularly, as the file had not downloaded completely for me yesterday. It just stopped downloading at 31% download - and after about 3 mins when it had not progressed any further I exited and deleted the partial zip file from my computer.

It seems to me, that GC has been a little inconsistent in choosing the red cross icon for the My Finds PQ. Weird choice of icon! Why not use the same icon as for the other PQs?

In light of your answer, I have just attempted another download of the file tonight. I am happy to report that this was 100% successful.

I am :D again.

Thanks.

It seems to me, that GC has been a little inconsistent in choosing the red cross icon for the My Finds PQ. Weird choice of icon! Why not use the same icon as for the other PQs?

Yeah, the choice made no sense to me either, I'm fairly sure it used to be the same as others, but then too many people weren't finding their myfinds query after it ran, so gc made it "undeleteable" and that's when the icon changed.

Horse Tavern

Have you noticed any ERRORS in the DATES reporting for your finds?

Example being. You make a find for today, but it is reporting it as tomorrow in the GPX file?

TGC

Example being. You make a find for today, but it is reporting it as tomorrow in the GPX file?

TGC

There's already another thread going on this, in fact, YOU started it. A quick skim of it shows your question has been answered.

TGC

There's already another thread going on this, in fact, YOU started it. A quick skim of it shows your question has been answered.

Geez a little picky aren't we? I was just asking him if he had noticed any errors or not. Hard to have posted that question directly in another thread I think.

TGC

P.S. BTW I didnt' get an answer, while someone did post a reply. A reply asking another question isn't an answer. Or at least not in my books.

Edited by texasgrillchef