Newb needs help with PQs

I am a Premium Member and would like to take advantage of having PQs. I understand how to submit them but after they are available for download on the website how do I get them to my GPSr? Do I need to use a different application, or can I skip that all together, and just get it on my GPSr? Thanks!

You may want to take a look at GSAK... it has a slight learning curve, but through pre written macros (for the Oregon) you can practically automate the entire process... It also makes keeping records of puzzles and finds very easy.

You can find it ad GSAK.net

DD

I am a Premium Member and would like to take advantage of having PQs. I understand how to submit them but after they are available for download on the website how do I get them to my GPSr? Do I need to use a different application, or can I skip that all together, and just get it on my GPSr? Thanks!

I thought the only way to "get them" was to have them emailed to you. I wasn't aware they were ever "available for download".

My understanding was that once they were emailed to you, you could unzip them and just drag and drop them into the //garmin/gpx folder on either the unit or SD card.

Of course you can use other applications (GSAK etc...) to massage the data then put it on the unit.

I thought the only way to "get them" was to have them emailed to you. I wasn't aware they were ever "available for download".

My understanding was that once they were emailed to you, you could unzip them and just drag and drop them into the //garmin/gpx folder on either the unit or SD card.

Of course you can use other applications (GSAK etc...) to massage the data then put it on the unit.

The recent changes allowing up to 1,000 results in a PQ have added the download option...and all PQs having results of 501-1,000 are only available via download, the PQ will no longer be attached to the e-mail notification.

Have you been to the Pocket Query page in the past two week? Check it out! :o