Looking to buy GPS is Triton 400 any good?

I did some caching in college using a clubs Triton 400. I found the unit to eat batteries and tended to take forever to lock onto locations, would freeze up at times needing to have batteries removed and start "cold' again etc.

Was this a lemon, is this lengthy time needed to locate locations normal?

I am looking to buy a middle of the road GPS for caching and hunting/exploring new territory. But as everyone else is I am on a budget.

Looking for suggestions and comparison to the 400 so I know what to look for.

Ive had two count them two triton 300 and both have craped out on me I complained to Magellan today about the 2nd 300 and they are going to send me a triton 400 so far im not going to buy a triton well lets say a Magellan ever again I wouldnt even give one to my worst enemy.. Thats what I think about them.. But I guess Ill give the 400 a small chance

I think it's decently accurate. It seems some people just get lemons, the one I used would work fine one moment then freeze up the next or take forever to find your location. For $109 you can't go wrong.

I think I am going to switch sides and try the Garmin Oregon 200 Bass Pro has them for $199, dump a mini sd card in it and it is practically the Oregon 300. Anyone know if my Accuterra maps will go onto the Garmin. I love the maps as they specifically show the public land vs. private and have most any roads/trails very handy for hunting.