Non-activated coin in a new cache

freespirit444

I am thinking about placing my first cache. I was wanting to order a travel coin to put in it for someone

to find and activate and make thier own. But when you order there is an activation code and everything is in the "customer" name. Is there a way to order one and put it in a cache but not activate it myself or have me as the owner?

It doesn't matter who ordered the geocoin, that name isn't important.

Just put the unactivated coin into the new cache, along with a note explaining that it's a gift for the cacher who finds it and include the activation code in the note. Then whoever finds it will be able to activate it and it will automatically become 'their' geocoin.

It's a generous gift to put an unactivated coin into a cache: Hopefully the cacher who finds it will mention that they have picked it up in their log but if you make a note of the geocoin's tracking number yourself then you'll be able to watch it and see what happens to it.

MrsB

It doesn't matter who ordered the geocoin, that name isn't important.

Just put the unactivated coin into the new cache, along with a note explaining that it's a gift for the cacher who finds it and include the activation code in the note. Then whoever finds it will be able to activate it and it will automatically become 'their' geocoin.

It's a generous gift to put an unactivated coin into a cache: Hopefully the cacher who finds it will mention that they have picked it up in their log but if you make a note of the geocoin's tracking number yourself then you'll be able to watch it and see what happens to it.

MrsB

Ahhhhhh! Good idea. Thanks!