WTB: Garmin GPS

Returning my GPS reciever I bought on Ebay, as it doesnt work.....Here's the deal, I have 100 bucks....I have paypal.....I want a Good Garmin GPS Perferably the legend H???? but I want to see what everyone has that they would give me for 100$

I will pay as soon as I get my refund from ebay.

Anyone???

What's better? that one or the Legend H?

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Garmin-Legend-H-...ci_sku=12537955

125.00???

I usually am in a lot of tree cover....

I would suggest the venture hc especially as it is cheaper at walmart. http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?...gMethod=rr&

Color screens are good and the one I use for backup might be more accurate than my oregon.

Edited by kentwoodkrew

Definatly go with Venture - It is HC (High Sensitivity and Color). It is a newer model also so the software is updated. We use one and happy with it. THe basemap that is included (just major highways and routes) is slightly off - by about 300-400 ft (will not affect geocaching) but it is good enough to figure the approx. Location in reference to different lakes, highways and cities. The reciever is VERY sensitive - turn it on at home out of the box - will grab the signal within 2 minutes (INSIDE THE HOUSE). Really fast signal lock after initial setup. Relatively long battery life. Geocaching Feature (not sure that the other GPS you were looking at had that). It depends on the GPS of the cache owners too, but usually takes us well within 20 ft of the cache.

Good Luck and Happy Caching