World's most famous and/or unique geocachers

Jozii

About a year and a half too late, but I would have pitched for 50sumtin, may he rest in peace. A great hider, a great one to cache with, a true ambassador to the game and a lover of the great outdoors.

50sumtin was the reason we really got into caching. He had some truly genius hides out there. Thank you to all of the local cachers that have kept those going.

There is also Worldtraveler. There might be someone who has found caches in more countries than he has , but I doubt it.

Wow! Thanks, briansnat. I'm really honored by the nomination, especially coming from you. I really don't know whether others have found caches in more countries, but I'm almost certain no one has a worse cache-to-miles ratio. With only 549 cache finds in 672,426 miles, that's about one :) for every 1225 miles traveled.

I'm really honored by the nomination, especially coming from you. I really don't know whether others have found caches in more countries, but I'm almost certain no one has a worse cache-to-miles ratio. With only 549 cache finds in 672,426 miles, that's about one :) for every 1225 miles traveled.

Wow! You are certainly the World's Least Efficient Geocacher.

I am in awe of your caching distance. Although a little surprised you haven't passed the million-mile mark yet. I'm still chugging along at about 420,000 miles, which is only 105 miles per cache!

;)

...You are certainly the World's Least Efficient Geocacher.

...Although a little surprised you haven't passed the million-mile mark yet...

Yeah, I'm not going to get any "green" awards for caching efficiency. The sad truth is, I'm way over a million miles traveled, but work crowds out geocaching far too often, and I'm frequently unable (or too lazy) to find a cache at each place I happen to be.

I would think the most famous is Alamogul who has over 42,000 finds. TeamSnook is a distant second with "only" 28,000 or so.

Alamogul is like the Jerry Rice of geocaching. But without Dancing With The Stars.

Hmmmm...someone needs to pitch a reality TV show about geocaching. :laughing:

There is seriously a geocacher of the year and decade award????

How do you get it and what do you get when you win

I would say you get all the respect and adoration that the title deserves. With all the geocachers of the year out there, the title probably means less now than it used to mean.

79a34ea1-eca1-459a-88ee-42156a222e55.jpg

I even made the cover of a magazine -- although that was under my former caching name and now no one recognizes me. Thank goodness. I got tired of having to cache in disguise. In actuality, I am just another cacher. But there are some cachers who are totally unique and very famous, even if no one has heard of them outside my area. And more often than not, its not about the numbers.

Edited by mulvaney

There is seriously a geocacher of the year and decade award????

How do you get it and what do you get when you win

I would say you get all the respect and adoration that the title deserves. With all the geocachers of the year out there, the title probably means less now than it used to mean.

79a34ea1-eca1-459a-88ee-42156a222e55.jpg

I even made the cover of a magazine -- although that was under my former caching name and now no one recognizes me. Thank goodness. I got tired of having to cache in disguise. In actuality, I am just another cacher. But there are some cachers who are totally unique and very famous, even if no one has heard of them outside my area. And more often than not, its not about the numbers.

I recognize you by both names. You forgot to change your profile pic and your avatar and it took you awhile to change your cache "by" names on your hides. :huh:

BTW The cache of yours I did on Monday has a most unique view. Thanks for placing a cache there. :anicute: