World's most famous and/or unique geocachers

Jozii

I'm planning a series of interviews for my geocaching blog. The blog is in Swedish and have so far only featured Swedish cachers. Now I'd like to expand by interviewing some of the most famous geocachers internationally.

But who are they? I'm looking for well-known geocachers and/or geocachers who have done something unique. Got any suggestions? :)

In my area. ATMA, Muddy Buddies and HoustonControl are top notch!

You don't know them very well do you? :):):)

I keed. I keed. They are all good friends of mine and certainly unique.

Shoot... I knew I left someone out.

SNOOGANS FOR PRESIDENT!!!!!!

Edited by USMCGecko

In my area. ATMA, Muddy Buddies and HoustonControl are top notch!

You don't know them very well do you? :):):)

I keed. I keed. They are all good friends of mine and certainly unique.

Shoot... I knew I left someone out.

SNOOGANS FOR PRESIDENT!!!!!!

My run in 2012 is already being discussed in the members only off topic section. And since you're not one here's the gist:

A couple of your stances would definitely tempt my vote.

So the guilt free doob and prostitutes then? :P

Definately legalizing weed, and definately unclassifying information regarding alien life. Prostitution is not my thing, but I got no problem with it if it's other peoples thing. Concealed carry liscence I don't have much of an opinion. And saving money via less taxes is always good.

Bring back the virtuals!

DONE!

Government meddles in the corporate sector all the time. I PROMISE virtual caches will return to geocaching.com by the end of my first 100 days as President of this great country.

If you have the newly remastered original Star Trek series or the Simpsons movie, you own an example of this cacher's talent. :laughing::anibad:;):anicute:

About a year and a half too late, but I would have pitched for 50sumtin, may he rest in peace. A great hider, a great one to cache with, a true ambassador to the game and a lover of the great outdoors.

I got to spend a day cachin with him after GW6. Helluva cool guy.

Edited by Snoogans

How about the cachers whose efforts make the game more fun for all ?

I mean stuff like GPSBabel, developed by robertlipe, freely available, constantly updated and underlying many geocaching apps

GPX Spinner and other Greasemonkey apps, free and developed by Lil Devil

Prime's Greasemonkey Scripts by Prime Suspect? I can't stand to use this website without them?

Fizzy Calc and other macros and scripts by Fizzy Magic?

for the people who care about Other Peoples Numbers, cacher stats, maintained by Grand High Pohbah

and don't forget The Cheeseheads, Noted Stud Geocacher, running Itsnotaboutthenumbers?

My run in 2012 is already being discussed in the members only off topic section. And since you're not one here's the gist:

A couple of your stances would definitely tempt my vote.

So the guilt free doob and prostitutes then? :anicute:

Definately legalizing weed, and definately unclassifying information regarding alien life. Prostitution is not my thing, but I got no problem with it if it's other peoples thing. Concealed carry liscence I don't have much of an opinion. And saving money via less taxes is always good.

You better keep your campaign promises!

Bring back the virtuals!

DONE!

Government meddles in the corporate sector all the time. I PROMISE virtual caches will return to geocaching.com by the end of my first 100 days as President of this great country.

Ohhh, uhhhh, I think I just changed my vote. Sorry snoogs.

Edited by simpjkee

Give halfdan a shout, he's been overseas recently and will be back in the Netherlands shortly....looks like this weekend actually.

Swordswallower, was on TV last season, 3x Guinnes World record holder, a 2007 Ig noble winner, dresses like a pirate---those that were at the Meet the Lackeys in Nashville might recall him, and a heck of a nice guy.

www.danmeyer.org

To add a few from down under. Maccamob, currently the cachers with the most finds in Oz with just over 9000 finds. And not far behind, and a certain bet to surpass them sometime soon is Everlasting, with over 7700 finds. BUT, the amazing thing about Everlasting is the fact she is profoundly deaf, and generally caches alone. She is one special lady, who I have had the absolute privilige of caching with on a few occasions. You could also try The Farmers Five, who were instrumental in organising the first ever Mega Event in the southern hemisphere, the recently held Oz Mega Wagga Wagga event.

To add a few from down under. Maccamob, currently the cachers with the most finds in Oz with just over 9000 finds. And not far behind, and a certain bet to surpass them sometime soon is Everlasting, with over 7700 finds. BUT, the amazing thing about Everlasting is the fact she is profoundly deaf, and generally caches alone. She is one special lady, who I have had the absolute privilige of caching with on a few occasions. You could also try The Farmers Five, who were instrumental in organising the first ever Mega Event in the southern hemisphere, the recently held Oz Mega Wagga Wagga event.

Ah, Wagga Wagga. My favorite town name. I say it every so often, when I'm feeling silly. :laughing::anicute:

I would start with briansnat.

He's the US Geocacher of the Year 2003, 2005, 2007, 2008

:laughing:

And 2001, but the box only has room for 4 years.

Nothin like tooting your own horn.

SS

So I shouldn't mention the thing about Geocacher of the Decade?

Your Mom threw you a bone on that one IMO, although she convinced me why I didn't deserve it. :anicute:

:anicute:

I was going to add to the list but then it struck me that if I have to point out anybody - then they really aren't very famous....... :anibad:

;)

I think Chris Rock nailed what true fame is in his joke about President Clinton and Monica BLewinski. :laughing:

However, in the Geocaching context, I'd hazard to to bet only Jeremy has been stopped on the street by someone he never saw or heard about before that recognized Him for who he is. I seriously doubt that has happened to Dave Ulmer and I'd be very surprised if it hadn't happened to Jeremy.