New Washington State Geocoin

FluteFace

I'm pleased to be able to announce that the WSGA (Washington State Geocaching Association) has produced its 2010 geocoin and it is available for sale at www.wsgaonline.org. There are two versions - the members only version which is shiny gold with a translucent reverse ($7 + shipping), and the regular version which is shiny nickel with an opaque blue reverse, $9 + shipping.

Our goal with this coin was to celebrate Washington State and 10 years of geocaching and, because of the importance of this geocaching year to the state, have it be designed 'in house'. After some rough polls and a bit of spy work :) (Thanks to that unidentified person for the needed intelligence!), Mt Rainier was chosen as the focus point for this year's coin. The front designer was Randy Booth (aka The Pathman). His concept was to keep it simple, so nothing would overshadow Mt. Rainier. A representation of the Columbia River is also included since it traverses both sides of the state. I designed the back, but I maintain that I had the easy job.

Here are the specifications . . .

Diameter
: 1.5"

Finishes
: Shiny gold and shiny nickel

Enamel
: Imitation hard enamel, with one translucent color

Metal
: Granulations (both sides on member coin) and mid-level metal

Members' Only Gold
: 350 made, no remint ($7 + s/h, limit 3), nearly sold out

Regular Nickel
: 150 1st run, 450 2nd run; could remint ($9 + s/h)

Trackable
: with a new icon, only available with this coin:
4402151267_52a1f14cf8_o.gif

The coins can be purchased at www.wsgaonline.org. You will need to register on the site, but that is free, and you do not need to be a WSGA member to purchase the nickel version. Of course, you are more than welcome to join us (relatively cheap 'til the end of May, then it more than doubles as it prorates to include the next year) so you can purchase the member's only coin.

Note
: We have not yet received the 2nd run of coins. They are expected the week before Memorial Day and will go out shortly after that. I'll post to this thread when they are in hand.

. . . and the coins.

The gold front and the nickel (really, it's not black nickel!) back:

4591895777_65a7d6ac04.jpg4592514972_facc05c4e7.jpg

I'll apologize here and say that we found it difficult to get great scannings and/or photos of the coins. So, only the gold front is posted, but the only difference between the two is the metal.

The members only gold back:

4592515050_e7ae5d4a4c.jpg

since posting pictures of these coins is the thing to do, here you go. These are the members versions, background on the back is slightly different. Fabulous coins and they look way better in your hand. Once I saw them, I knew I had to get a few

Great picture of the member only coin!! Any chance you could post a decent picture of the Nickel version, since mine is really not very good, but currently better than nothing...

Any of these left?

T'was wondering the same thing. I fear not for we members. I've seen them on EBAY so someone bought to sell . . .

The members' coins are sold out, but the nickel version is still available and can be purchased online at www.wsgaonline.org or in person at WSGA's booth at Geowoodstock.

Current WSGA members were given first crack at both versions of the coin at WSGA's website on 4/20, with a limit of three members' coins. The coins were then announced here on 5/9, with the same limitation. The member coin sold out on 5/18.