Etrex H cable question

Apologies if this has been mentioned.

Recently purchased a Garmin Etrex H for my start into Geocaching, purchased a cable separate to transfer direct from PC. Cable is not a Garmin serial one, but a GPS to serial convertor

http://uk.ebid.net/for-sale/usb-cable-for-...ps-26132626.htm

It works perfect except the last digit off the Geocache code is missed of during transfer, my daughter has the same set up and this also happens to her.

Is this a software problem associated with the cable? It came with drivers etc.

Thanks

Steve

It works perfect except the last digit off the Geocache code is missed of during transfer, my daughter has the same set up and this also happens to her.

If the data is transferred, the drivers and cable are working.

It's most likely a problem with 7-digit waypoints. The Etrex H can only display 6 digits. Best thing is to use GSAK and configure the "Send to GPS" menu in a way so the first two digits (the useless GC) are omitted. This is done by using the special tag "%drop2"

GermanSailor

If the data is transferred, the drivers and cable are working.

It's most likely a problem with 7-digit waypoints. The Etrex H can only display 6 digits. Best thing is to use GSAK and configure the "Send to GPS" menu in a way so the first two digits (the useless GC) are omitted. This is done by using the special tag "%drop2"

GermanSailor

Thanks I will try that. 7-digit waypoints transfer OK to my Garmin 205 running watch OK!

Steve