Kind of lost

Gecko14

Hey all,

I am fairly new at this, and have only found two caches. I have searched for probably around ten, and while I am always in the correct vicinity (according to my GPS), I can't seem to locate the actual cache. I feel like even being new, I should have a better find rate than this. Can anyone provide any tips that aren't on the actual site? (I've been through most of the site just exploring.)

On another note, would anyone like to partner up in Maryland near Silver Spring? I can only seem to get one friend into this, and she is only available one day a week, if that. I would love to have someone to partner with that would like to go after some of the harder to reach caches as well as the easier ones and a second set of eyes never hurts.

Any advice is welcome,

Gecko

I'll do that. Thanks for bringing it up. I feel like the issue i'm having is just that I'm still looking very narrowly on types of containers. So I'm still probably in the learning period lol. Other than that, I cansay that this game is a lot of fun and I'm definitely hooked!

Edited by Gecko14

If it's any reassurance, I've got about 380 finds and when I searched for caches in and around Silver Spring/Wheaton I seemed to have an abnormally high rate of coming up empty handed.

But if you want to hop on the red line and head even further out of town, Wheaton Regional Park does have some good caches.

And as someone else said, go to events! I met lots of local cachers that way and it certainly makes the sport so much more fun!