More bugs in the user found list

rogbarn

When on a user profile and clicking on benchmarks found, the resulting list has a couple of bugs in it.

First, some benchmarks are repeated and I've seen examples where it is repeated twice. I think the list is sorted by PID so it is pretty obvious. However, up until now the information is always the same between the two (or three) lines, so I haven't worried about it too much. But, I just found an example where a benchmark is listed twice with different information. The first line gives a false "user found" date that the second one correctly leaves out.

I've also seen lists that have one or two more benchmarks found than are mentioned in the user profile. I wonder if these problems are related?

Anyway, I wanted to mention it in hopes that it might be corrected at some point.

Thanks.

icon_smile.gif

quote:
Originally posted by RogBarn:

I think I found the problem on Web-ling's list. The second entry is for benchmark BM0578, last found 11/9, user found 11/3 but when I pull up the benchmark, Web-ling has a "not found" posted on 11/3.

Gee, thanks, Rogbarn! Now I have to drive all the way back to Austin to find that benchmark! I can't stand the fact that someone else found it after I didn't!

quote:
Originally posted by Jeremy (Admin):

Based on your links, Web-ling, I couldn't resist.

allyourcache.gif

Jeremy Irish

Groundspeak - The Language of Location

I like it!

ntga_button.gifweb-lingbutton.gif

Originally posted by Web-ling:

Gee, thanks, Rogbarn! Now I have to drive all the way back to Austin to find that benchmark! I can't stand the fact that someone else found it after I didn't!

icon_biggrin.gif

If you didn't live is such a **BIG** state, it might not be that long a drive... icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

I've had two benchmark not founds that were subsequently found by someone else. Fortunately, they were both nearby. I don't have a GPS (thus no cache finds) and use the description only and it trips me up occansionally. Then there's the one that was not found because the bridge it was on was being replaced and then someone later found it's replacement/reset had been put into the sidewalk where I only saw a construction area. That one was not close, but we happened to be going up there for T-G. Guess what I took some time to do on Thanksgiving day??

icon_smile.gif

I'll second approval on Jeremy's new link. When does it show up on the GC home page???

quote:
Originally posted by RogBarn:

I don't have a GPS (thus no cache finds) and use the description only and it trips me up occansionally.

That's no excuse icon_wink.gif I found my first 33 caches and placed two before I got my GPSr. I've now done somewhere in the neighborhood of 280 caches without the aid of a GPSr, using only topo maps, aerial photos, and the cache descriptions. I've only used the GPSr once to locate a benchmark. Find yourself a couple of easy, nearby 1/1 caches, print out aerials from lostoutdoors.com, and go get yourself a few caches! icon_cool.gif

ntga_button.gifweb-lingbutton.gif