Well?

Went caching after work. Did a 2 mile hike that included 8 caches... not too shabby :ph34r: Just got back.

You must live near caches, I made a mistake on my previous post. I believe I said the nearest one was 2km away. Actually, it's 2 hours (8km) away..... Wanna come here and try power caching?

Power caching? I don't think I've ever been power caching... maybe we have a different definition of power caching. To me power caching is when someone drives on a street that has a cache every 528 feet, jumps out of the car, grabs it, and then goes on to the next for like 12 hours to get as many finds as they possibly can in a day. Some people like that kind of caching, but not me! What I did was really fun actually, someone put out a series of caches that were Lord of the Rings themed on a local hiking trail. It was pretty cool. There was even a tree shaped like Shelob...

ht69fd.jpg

Why on earth would it take you 2 hours to drive 8km? I guess if you're walking it would take you two hours though that would make sense... I must admit that unfortunately we had to drive 11 miles to get to our hike. I know that sounds counter-intuitive, but it was worth it! Such a cool hike :ph34r:

I also should mention that I live in a town with a total of 12 caches in the city limits, 8 of which I own. Granted, I could drive to Eugene and cache, but I don't always want to drive 10+ miles to go grab some caches. Power caching. Please.

Anyway, back to the thread. I apologize to the OP...

Edited by nymphnsatyr

After I finish my coffee, I'm going out for an annual maintenance check on a cache of mine that's a 4km hike from the nearest parking lot. It doesn't really need an annual maintenance check; it's me that needs the exercise.

It's a beautiful day out here too.

Edited by Viajero Perdido

Because we just had a house fire and I'm tired and resting in a hotel bed.

You said that it had better be good. :):)

OH MY! :)

Glad you and the family are ok, Ambrosia.

To the original poster of this thread...good question.

When you posted the question, we were out bustin snow drifts and plowing through muddy roads to get geocaches in Wyoming after the event, 2nd Annual Brunch in Buford: Population 1 where we caught up with a lot of friendly folks. We enjoyed ourselves thoroughly.

IMG_9602.jpg

I did this afternoon, now I am watching the men attempt to cook for mothers day...Oy

Hey! I resent that! I made my mother a BBQ'd Salmon with sliced potatoes in foil.

I will admit however that I use my oven to hide dirty dishes in...

I did this afternoon, now I am watching the men attempt to cook for mothers day...Oy

Hey! I resent that! I made my mother a BBQ'd Salmon with sliced potatoes in foil.

I will admit however that I use my oven to hide dirty dishes in...

You have a lucky mom!!! Yum!

I am not out Caching because its windy and dark.. and when I just have my bike its not that pleasant.

Plus hockey is on, AND FREE CHIPS! I love free chips.

Dark @ 4 PM? You must be WAAAAY up north? It is still daylight until almost 8:30 PM here, after 9 PM in a month or so?

And I want to be caching right now, but it is night, and I am dispatching nights, still! Panther attacked a man about 1 1/2 hours ago about 11 miles from here also!

Edited by Team KORFUS

What I did was really fun actually, someone put out a series of caches that were Lord of the Rings themed on a local hiking trail. It was pretty cool. There was even a tree shaped like Shelob...

ht69fd.jpg

I got myself the "Hobbiton" cache a few days ago. LOTR was filmed in New Zealand (where I am vacationing right now). The set/location "Hobbiton" is near the town of Matamata, North Island. We visited the location where they are rebuilding the houses for the new movie. But first, and more importantly, I had to find the Hobbiton cache near the tour office in town. (The actual movie set location is on private property, and therefore not cache-eligible)

Anyway, back to the topic.

I am geocaching. I'm doing the indoor part - the part where you get online and download caches to your GPS.

Yeah - the outside part of geocaching is way more fun, I know.

I wasn't able to post to this forum over the weekend because I was out caching, doing errands, attending a Durham Bulls AAA game with friends, drinking beer, eating, sleeping, and finally going to a Sunday night performance of Wicked. It was a fun way to end up my birthday celebration.

I managed to stretch it out over three weekends-first my parents visited for the last weekend in April and we went to the grand opening of the new NC Art Museum. Last weekend I hosted and then attended 10 Year Geocaching events.

I wasn't able to post to this forum over the weekend because I was out caching, doing errands, attending a Durham Bulls AAA game with friends, drinking beer, eating, sleeping, and finally going to a Sunday night performance of Wicked. It was a fun way to end up my birthday celebration.

I managed to stretch it out over three weekends-first my parents visited for the last weekend in April and we went to the grand opening of the new NC Art Museum. Last weekend I hosted and then attended 10 Year Geocaching events.

Was tired from doing two of the above with Wimseyguy

I got myself the "Hobbiton" cache a few days ago. LOTR was filmed in New Zealand (where I am vacationing right now). The set/location "Hobbiton" is near the town of Matamata, North Island. We visited the location where they are rebuilding the houses for the new movie. But first, and more importantly, I had to find the Hobbiton cache near the tour office in town. (The actual movie set location is on private property, and therefore not cache-eligible)

This is really incredibly cool! Thank you for sharing :o

I am not out there because I am at work and don't want to get fired for not showing up. However, before I came to work I actually went out and hid my first geocache. I am just trying to work out an issue with the volunteer reviewer because supposedly there is an inactive cache within .10 miles from mine but it has been inactive for over a month now and probably will be archived and once that happens mine can be active. Anyone have any idea if its the owner or reviewer that archives listings?

I am not out there because I am at work and don't want to get fired for not showing up. However, before I came to work I actually went out and hid my first geocache. I am just trying to work out an issue with the volunteer reviewer because supposedly there is an inactive cache within .10 miles from mine but it has been inactive for over a month now and probably will be archived and once that happens mine can be active. Anyone have any idea if its the owner or reviewer that archives listings?

Either

Disabled one month isn't that long, the Reviewer may contact the CO and ask if they plan to re-enable it.

The CO could choose to archive it.

If the CO doesn't archive it OR fix it within 'a reasonable time' (which definition is up to the Reviewer) then the Reviewer might archive it.

Bottom line... don't hold your breath! :o

Edited by TheAlabamaRambler

This is really incredibly cool! Thank you for sharing :o

I can hear you right now... planning your next vacation in New Zealand. :o

This is really incredibly cool! Thank you for sharing :D

I can hear you right now... planning your next vacation in New Zealand. :laughing:

Actually, I'd love to go to New Zealand. We have several clients there and every time I work on their website I want to visit even more!