Can the PQ results not be deleted when the query is deleted?

gse1986

Ok probably a confusing title. Basically I run a lot of queries as one off, and had them set to auto delete (since that's all I did once they'd run anyway). I've found now, that since I now have to manually download them rather than pick them up via email, that once the query has been deleted from the "active pocket queries" list, it gets deleted from the ready for download list.

This hasn't been a problem until I didnt manage to download my queries last night, so once the 24 hrs since it ran was up this am, the queries (and thus results) from yesterday got deleted.

Can this be changed, or at least be an option for the 1 day old results to not be deleted?

I perfectly understand deleting after 7 days....but could the deleted from queries ready to run not be linked to the results?

Just guessing... but if you do not check-mark the delete and leave the PQ active (just not set to run repeatedly), wouldn't this solve that problem? You can later delete it as you will.

On a sidenote -- We find that a PQ over a week old is "stale" and you are liable to go out caching, only to find (rather, NOT FIND) a cache or two that have been disabled, archived or just plain missing during the interim.

If we run a PQ for a caching outing, it is always a "fresh" one.

Just guessing... but if you do not check-mark the delete and leave the PQ active (just not set to run repeatedly), wouldn't this solve that problem? You can later delete it as you will.

On a sidenote -- We find that a PQ over a week old is "stale" and you are liable to go out caching, only to find (rather, NOT FIND) a cache or two that have been disabled, archived or just plain missing during the interim.

If we run a PQ for a caching outing, it is always a "fresh" one.

Not quite...my first post wasn't very clear. the 7 days bit is the automatic deletion of results Groundspeak impose, which i completely agree with.

And yes I could just wait until i've downloaded the results before deleting the query, i was merely trying to remove one step from what i do. :ph34r: