Manualy entered lat/lon differes from saved lat lon

I have a friends Magellan Meridian Gold. I enter a way point manualy, entering the exact Lat Lon of a cache as listed. After i save, it records and plots a different set of Lat Lon then I entered! I hit edit and it reverts back to what i entered. This means i need to figure out the diference and enter the wrong Lat/Lon to get the right one appearing.

Also, the amount it was off by on one side of Australia (Perth -.071Lat and +.092Lon consistantly ) differs from the other (Melbourne -.019 and -.012)

Is there a setting i have wrong or what's hapening???

HELP!

Scott

I have a friends Magellan Meridian Gold. I enter a way point manualy, entering the exact Lat Lon of a cache as listed. After i save, it records and plots a different set of Lat Lon then I entered! I hit edit and it reverts back to what i entered. This means i need to figure out the diference and enter the wrong Lat/Lon to get the right one appearing.

Also, the amount it was off by on one side of Australia (Perth -.071Lat and +.092Lon consistantly ) differs from the other (Melbourne -.019 and -.012)

Is there a setting i have wrong or what's hapening???

HELP!

Scott

The gps is probably set to a different map datum than that used by the source for the cache coordinates.