Etrex Legend H Cord?

I have the garmin etrex legend H gps (it's the blue one), and I bought it used with no cords...trying to find one. Someone said it's the 2.0 mini usb and I found them online, we even HAVE them, but there's no place to put it, that I can find. The only place I can find to put anything is at the top, and it's a flat square with 4 metal dots...anyone know what kind of cord I need??? :)

I have the garmin etrex legend H gps (it's the blue one), and I bought it used with no cords...trying to find one. Someone said it's the 2.0 mini usb and I found them online, we even HAVE them, but there's no place to put it, that I can find. The only place I can find to put anything is at the top, and it's a flat square with 4 metal dots...anyone know what kind of cord I need??? :)

It does not use a normal USB cord. I believe they are called serial cord for what you need. It has a rectangle on the one end that slides in where the 4 metal dots are and then the other end has an end with nine pin holes.

I hope this helps a little. I am new to a lot of the tech side of things.

If that unit requires a serial cable, I think you have an eTrex H (or, the original legend), not a eTrex legend H. The legend H uses a usb cable.

Edited by jmundinger

If that unit requires a serial cable, I think you have an eTrex H, not a eTrex legend H. The legend H uses a usb cable.

Or more likely he has a regular eTrex Legend as he stated that "it's the blue one", the eTrex H is yellow.