Miles on GSAK

When I down my pocket query into GSAK. How do I change the "MILES" of a GC from my house. Example: it says that a certain GC is 5000miles from my house in me "MILES". colom. How do I have it gives the right mileage which is around 2 miles?

thanks, jeffreybike

Here would be the place to ask...

When I down my pocket query into GSAK. How do I change the "MILES" of a GC from my house. Example: it says that a certain GC is 5000miles from my house in me "MILES". colom. How do I have it gives the right mileage which is around 2 miles?

thanks, jeffreybike

Here would be the place to ask...

thanks, jeffreybike

You have to first set your own "home" coordinates in GSAK as the point of reference.

"Tools", "Options", "Locations", and fill in your preference for "Home" coordinates - your house, perhaps? It will look something like this - note that you can use decimal degrees, NESW, or positive/negative. I just keep it in the format we tend to use around here:

# examples (valid if # is removed)

#

#Home, S32 25.921 E 115 47.050

#Some where else, 32.7123 -101.2045

Home, N40 11.900 W105 04.500

Next, you need to tell GSAK that "Home" is the point of reference you want to use (now that you have one):

Fifth from the top left is "Center Point". Select "Home". That will cause your "Home" point to be used for distance measurements.

Now you're good to go.

Edited by ecanderson