Wherigo's

No. I've done a couple. I thought the idea was really interesting and I downloaded the application you use to make them and played with it for a while. But I couldn't come up with anything more clever than a guided tour (which I never actually built).

The fact that it will do math and other simple programming means the idea has all kinds of potential. I'm just not clever enough to work out what.

We recently completed a couple of Wherigo's and we were impressed with them and would like to do one ourself, has any one ever listed one, we need advice thanks

I've just placed my first, which was developed entirely using sTeamTraen's excellent Earwigo Web based builder. Happy to help if you need any advice - email me through my profile.

Baz.

After writing one for the First UK Mega In Harrogate which was a tour of the surrounding area (with a twist which caught a lot of people out - and still does) my advice is DON'T !!!

LOL !

Seriously They are a fantastic addition if written well and not just a tour but the program to write could do with a vast improvement.

I just wish that more are written and published, everyone that does one seems to enjoy them.

Ask if you get stuck...

Robin

We recently completed a couple of Wherigo's and we were impressed with them and would like to do one ourself, has any one ever listed one, we need advice thanks

I've just placed my first, which was developed entirely using sTeamTraen's excellent Earwigo Web based builder. Happy to help if you need any advice - email me through my profile.

Baz.

I only get to a log in page and no further

Baz.

I only get to a log in page and no further

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php...t&p=4325876

:)

I have written two now.

The first was much too ambitious and I will need to strip out all of the sound effects which seem to cause problems on some devices. It was an enormous amount of work and the software is very very clunky. However it is also very satisfying to create something like this. Given that I have no programming expertise at all, it is possible for anyone with a lot of patience and a knack for logic to create a Wherigo. It's very useful to have someone who knows what they are doing to refer to for help, though.

You can see the cache page for it here.

The second will be published soon, in time for Scotland's Mega event in Perth, and will be a historical Wherigo based on the history of the Stone of Destiny. This one was made deliberately simple but was still quite a bit of work.

I suggest you try something very simple to begin with and get to grips with the builder by looking at the demo.