Best log of the week...

I guess lots of you have already seen this as the cache will be on your watchlist, but for those that didn't, have a read... I'm having a crap week, but this log really made me smile! Thanks Pharisee!

Jon.

YSM027 - Southampton F.B.M.

I wonder how many people walk past this each day and wonder what it is? It’s probably one of the best preserved and most accessible Fundamental Bench Marks in the country. Being in the centre of Southampton, there are no ‘views’, just well… city centre. I was kneeling on the pavement next to the FBM, getting my GPSr and camera out of my rucksack when a group of youths walked past. One of them stopped, threw a handful of coins onto the plinth in front of me, said “There y’are, mate.” and walked off. OK… I wasn’t in my ‘Sunday best’ but I didn’t think I looked THAT scruffy.

I guess lots of you have already seen this as the cache will be on your watchlist, but for those that didn't, have a read... I'm having a crap week, but this log really made me smile! Thanks Pharisee!

Jon.

YSM027 - Southampton F.B.M.

I wonder how many people walk past this each day and wonder what it is? It’s probably one of the best preserved and most accessible Fundamental Bench Marks in the country. Being in the centre of Southampton, there are no ‘views’, just well… city centre. I was kneeling on the pavement next to the FBM, getting my GPSr and camera out of my rucksack when a group of youths walked past. One of them stopped, threw a handful of coins onto the plinth in front of me, said “There y’are, mate.” and walked off. OK… I wasn’t in my ‘Sunday best’ but I didn’t think I looked THAT scruffy.

oh dear :) but nice to see that the youth of Southampton are looking after those less fortunate than themselves :)