rogbarn

I think it would be cool to have some statistics by state. For example:

Number of benchmarks

Number of benchmarks previously not found

Number and percent of BMs recovered on geocaching

Number and percent of BMs not found on geocaching

Number and percent of BMs with notes on geocaching

The percent would be to the first line item

The difference between the first two catagories is the same as doing a search and then clicking on "see all benchmarks".

The last three are exclusive, that is, if a benchmark has had both a not found and a recovered entry then the recovered entry takes precedent over the not found entry. Also, not found takes precedent over notes. So that the total of the three is the number of benchmarks that someone in geocaching has posted something to.

I think this would create some real interest in how certain areas are doing, how big an effort this really is and some cooperative effort to help bring state totals up.

Jeremy, can something like that be done? Update it daily or even weekly, I don't care. icon_biggrin.gif

I agree but I think that I would want a little more icon_smile.gif Like Benchmarks by date ( Jeremy already did it, so there must already be a way ) and how about by elevation, in California we have the lowest and highest points in the U.S. so it would be cool to see if marks are there icon_razz.gif

quote:
Originally posted by Tacguy:

In California we have the lowest and highest points in the U.S. so it would be cool to see if marks are there icon_razz.gif

Hmmmm... just when did you move Mount McKinley to California? Previously in Alaska (another U.S. state - I THINK) it beats Mt. Whitney by nearly 6000 feet. Fact is, Alaska has 18 peaks or sub-peaks towering over Mt. Whitney. However, I must agree with the other 1/2 of the statement. The lowest point is ALL California's!

I wonder which politicritters were behind this. I never heard anything about it in the news. Did Alaska know Mount McKinley was moved? I have to imagine someone noticed it. Well, with 17 other peaks above Mt. Whitney, maybe they didn't notice after all. *grin*

Mike. KD9KC.

El Paso, Texas.

Citizens of this land may own guns. Not to threaten their neighbors, but to ensure themselves of liberty and freedom.

They are not assault weapons anymore... they are HOMELAND DEFENSE WEAPONS!