What's the BEST Cache you've found?

I have been enjoying reading about everyone's worst cache finds, and I'm now really curious to know what people think are their favorite finds!

My personal favorite is called "Pipe Nightmares" GCWQ2M. It's a very well executed multi in a beautiful area near where we live. We honestly have never had more fun finding a cache. It had everything going for it: a nice walk, fun container, nice size final, decent swag, a dry logbook, and waypoints with a challenge to them. Just wonderful :)

I'd have to say my favorite so far is U Are Here Top of The Valley (GC183Z2) (sorry, i'm not adept at posting links). It's a great hike that leads to an iconic local spot that has tremendous views. It's a location that's host to a killer cache that's packed with wicked swag (including a tranquility geocoin). On top of that whole thing, I made the trip with great people and we had a stellar time. I recommend this cache to everyone I get the chance to.

I would have to say that my favorite cache so far is "Waiting for Ironman". I am not sure if it is considered to be located in Shelby or Matlock, Washington. I enjoyed it because it is considered an extreme geocache. It is located pretty much in the middle of nowhere and is on an old train trussel. You have to cross the trussel up top, go down the hillside, climb up the supports, cross the old rusty catwalk over a river and then climb up a ladder to get to the cache. Since 2007, only 49 claims have been made. This one is definitely not for children or people afraid of heights. It is listed as one of the highest rail bridges in the united states.

I have been enjoying reading about everyone's worst cache finds, and I'm now really curious to know what people think are their favorite finds!

My personal favorite is called "Pipe Nightmares" GCWQ2M. It's a very well executed multi in a beautiful area near where we live. We honestly have never had more fun finding a cache. It had everything going for it: a nice walk, fun container, nice size final, decent swag, a dry logbook, and waypoints with a challenge to them. Just wonderful :)

I have a few that I'm really fond of:

Kokopeli's It's A Number series (60 caches in all) stands out as being my favorite series. These caches have a mix of everything (except a lamp post) and made for two awesome days. If anyone has an extra day or two while in far northern California, I can not stress how fun these were.

The Desert(B)Rats' Saddlesore has to be my favorite Multi. It took me 3 day long day trips and a broken mtn bike to finally get this one. Great views, great hike/ride and great swag.

In the Middle of Nowhere Somewhere in the Rocks by NR_Teacher has got to be one of my favorite outings with the wife. It was and all day adventure that we use as a personal benchmark to compare to when exploring and caching. And we were FTF!

And then we have Me 2 by Olcowboy. Just a simple off the highway micro, but it struck me just right and I fell in love with it. Walked away from it with a real smile.

The best for me I think is GC22CE0 Bird Bath: Birding in Box Bonus - combined with the prerequisite cache GC24JRC By the By: Birding in Box. What made this special for me was the combination of the puzzle element, custom and clever containers, and a good walk in a beautiful location. And the fact that I got FTF on this challenging cache didn't hurt! Close behind are several other caches in the same area by the same cache owner.

(Edited to fix bad link)

Edited by redsox_mark

The best for me I think is GC22CE0 Bird Bath: Birding in Box Bonus - combined with the prerequisite cache GC24JRC By the By: Birding in Box. What made this special for me was the combination of the puzzle element, custom and clever containers, and a good walk in a beautiful location. And the fact that I got FTF on this challenging cache didn't hurt! Close behind are several other caches in the same area by the same cache owner.

Thanks a bunch for the heads-up RSM - this cache does look excellent and it is pretty local to me, I have bookmarked it

I haven't done too many caches yet - although I have been pretty selective and so I've got lots of, IMO, good quality ones to choose from for my favourite to date

I think the one that stands out the most, for its pure simplicity, was this one: GC26D11

- at first glance just a standard traditional on the beach on the Isle of Wight

but the beach itself was deserted and utterly beautiful, and we NEVER would have found it if it were not for geocaching as it was only accessible down a secreted footpath in the back of a residential area.

the cache itself was very clever - great camo

and there was a brilliant rope swing there where the whole family played contentedly for a couple of hours (including Dad :))

it was just one of those perfect afternoons/early evenings

thank you geocaching :) (and duverfred for placing the cache in such a lovely spot)

My favorite is a multi-cache called Quadrophenia. That's the one that really got me hooked on geocaching. I remember driving to the caches blasting Live at Leeds, collecting all of the coordinates, and at last finding the final. It was a gas. I kept saying, "Here's another really cool place, just minutes from home, but I never knew it!"

I'd have to say my favorite so far is U Are Here Top of The Valley (GC183Z2) (sorry, i'm not adept at posting links). It's a great hike that leads to an iconic local spot that has tremendous views. It's a location that's host to a killer cache that's packed with wicked swag (including a tranquility geocoin). On top of that whole thing, I made the trip with great people and we had a stellar time. I recommend this cache to everyone I get the chance to.

I am so going to do that one. I had heard there was a cache up there, but haven't tried it yet. :)

I have a few that I'm really fond of:

Kokopeli's It's A Number series (60 caches in all) stands out as being my favorite series. These caches have a mix of everything (except a lamp post) and made for two awesome days. If anyone has an extra day or two while in far northern California, I can not stress how fun these were.

The Desert(B)Rats' Saddlesore has to be my favorite Multi. It took me 3 day long day trips and a broken mtn bike to finally get this one. Great views, great hike/ride and great swag.

In the Middle of Nowhere Somewhere in the Rocks by NR_Teacher has got to be one of my favorite outings with the wife. It was and all day adventure that we use as a personal benchmark to compare to when exploring and caching. And we were FTF!

And then we have Me 2 by Olcowboy. Just a simple off the highway micro, but it struck me just right and I fell in love with it. Walked away from it with a real smile.

We drive through this area fairly often, and will totally check these out. Thank you!

I can say by far it's Einstein's Cache (N 49° 53.000 W 119° 31.000). I was very sick home from work and decided to try the puzzle as I couldnt move much anywhere. Once I was sure I had the right location I couldnt wait sick as I was off I went. <_<

Search for awhile and went to sit down on a big rock as I was so dizzy (realy shouldnt have went) and found it. No way I would have found that cache if I had been healthy. :)

I am so going to do that one. I had heard there was a cache up there, but haven't tried it yet. :)

Bring your hiking pack, it's a bear. Go through Low Gap, the Standly street entrance is private and not very friendly.

My favorite finds are all unique cachin' experiences found nowhere else in geocaching.

My favorite virtual cache is Stingray City - Grand Caymen Islands.

38ef0837-7e79-4906-8445-f6a903188a7a.jpg

My favorite Multi is View Carre'.

c0c17124-7995-4d7c-b1f0-77b229f6fe65.jpg

Favorite Event: Every GeoWoodstock I've attended or will attend. (perfect attendance GWs III-VIII)

75d90a17-9b07-49f1-b132-2acd2307254c.jpg

Favorite traditional: BUILD A BETTER GEOCACHE

9752a054-dbdb-4c8f-8888-e3aae16ba296.jpg

My favorite find so far is one I haven't "technically" found yet. Graveyard Cave - GC1FXX5 I found the care all right and crawled in. I didn't have a flashlight with me so I was unable to find the cache. I have every intention of going back and making the find. I am opting to wait until dryer weather as there a small stream flowing through. Still, I had a lot of fun on the first attempt at finding this even though I was not successful. Sometimes its not about the numbers and is all about fun.

Favorite Urban Hide: Here's to your tricks

This is a really really tricky hide. After an hour or so of playing MacGuyver, I finally got my sig on it. After my log, the owner e-mailed me and explained the real way of finding it that I never even considered. I was new back then and this cache really showed me that the creativity and possibilities for caches were endless.

Favorite Rural Hide: The Trojan Horse of Ballantine

This is a great moderate to difficult day hike in the Arizona desert to a really really cool looking rock formation. It was a personal milestone the first time I found it and then I recently returned to it while hiking with my brother. My brother is a hiking newbie so it was really cool being able to take him out and show him how I've been spending my free time the last 3 years. :ph34r:

Here are mine, by type:

Traditional: CCS-Titus Hollow Cache. Great area, nice hike and quite an adventure- especially the way I did it.

Multi: The Red Gate. Great area, nice hike and one that truly makes you go 'Wow!'.

Mystery: The Journal. Great area, nice hike, challenging- the best of the best.

Letterbox Hybrid: Vampire Empire. Great concept- once you start (the hardest part for some) the rest is fun and intuitive.

Virtual: Stone Faced. Has the 'Wow!' factor and then some- each finder and their log is individualized due to the nature of the cache, haven't seen it before or since and don't know that it could be done any other way than as a virtual.

Locationless: Dead 'Federate Cache. I could have picked a few different ones from the few I managed to do. This is the sentimental choice however. Read my log to find out why.

Earthcache: Godly Garden. Great area, nice hike and I had a rather unique experience doing it.

I can't pick out any single event (of any type) as they've all been a pleasure to attend.

As for the other types: I haven't done enough to select a favorite from them yet.

I'll agree with Snoogans on the multi and event selection. The decision to return to Nashville in July of '04 and attend something called Geowoodstock 2 had a significant impact on my caching future. For the first time I met cachers from all over, many of whom became great friends. Geocaching used to be a lone wolf activity for me, and at times like this past weekend still is. But the social aspect is significant. I love doing it with friends, and making new ones while I am at it.

I am always finding "best" caches -- and usually end up posting the names of some of them on my profile page or local bookmarks in appreciation. To me, caching is about the location rather than looking for a container. So my "best" list includes a traditional high above Machu Picchu (Bank of Colorado); earthcaches that took me into the hoodoos of Bryce Canyon (Avalanche on Wall Street) or the Tufa Towers at Mono Lake; virtuals that have brought me to locations along the Grand Canyon or Yosemite that I never would have seen otherwise; the Rara Avis multi that took me through San Francisco in the footsteps of Sam Spade and the Maltese Falcon or the multi in London that brought us into the East End to discover the trail of Jack the Ripper.

Sometimes a cache is best because of the experience with other cachers. A wild trip to the Tunnel of Light Ape cache (and the walk through the tunnel itself) will always be remembered. A hike with other cachers through hidden valleys, across streams, meadows of wildflowers, to the top of volcanic formations and Long John Silver is perhaps my most recent "best" caching experience. Or a journey with my daughter in search of the inspired Inca Gold cache is not to be forgotten -- I often point to that one when I tell others how a creative cache can take us further up the ridge than I might have otherwise got her to go.

And then there are caches that take me on a trail near home, that somehow I have never discovered, that show something in a new light, or the ones that give me a chance meeting with Elk, Heron, Beaver, Rattlesnake, Bobcat, or Coyote. For a while, these may be the "best." Ultimately, they are the reasons why I cache.

Edited by Erickson

The best cache memories usually are only peripherally about the cache itself. It's the weather or the company you kept or the mood you were in or the whole herd of deer that silently ran across the path in front of you in the snow.

Auntie said it best. I've got a bookmark list of my favorites in my signature below. Some are simple but fun, some are complex but fun. And Vieux Carre is definitely a part of that list.

Container: Trials of Caledonia - 3 - Secrets in the Attic: Coolest one so far, although the coordinates were a little off.

Hide: PHC - Greenwood: Took awhile to find, one of those caches where you have an "omg that's it!" moment

Location: Faded Markers Series: Keeper of the Cache: This one really tied together history and geocaches for me.

Earthcache: Mermaid's Table: Really great spot and interesting rocks.

My personal favorite is called "Pipe Nightmares" GCWQ2M. It's a very well executed multi in a beautiful area near where we live. We honestly have never had more fun finding a cache. It had everything going for it: a nice walk, fun container, nice size final, decent swag, a dry logbook, and waypoints with a challenge to them. Just wonderful :anicute:

I would have to say "Lost in the Woods". It was a fun find that took forever because of the very very clever placement!!! The fact that my hubby was with me and actually made the find was even better!