Garmin GPSMAP60csx

I have a GPSMAP60csx and I love it. It is reliable and appears to be quite accurate. I have a 4Gb micro SD card install which is where my maps are. I use the GSAK as a companion application and I find it really useful. I want to know if there is any way you can better utilise the memory available in the 60csx. Particularly in the data section.

I have a GPSMAP60csx and I love it. It is reliable and appears to be quite accurate. I have a 4Gb micro SD card install which is where my maps are. I use the GSAK as a companion application and I find it really useful. I want to know if there is any way you can better utilise the memory available in the 60csx. Particularly in the data section.

I've found the micro SD card is really the best place to store the maps and tracks. Other than that the memory is being utilized pretty well.

Data section? It's all data. You have no control over how the OS stores things in main memory. Besides, it's not possible to run out of main memory, so you really don't need to worry about it.

If by "data", you mean the counts for things like waypoints / geocaches, no. Garmin continues to set arbitrary limits on certain numbers regardless of the amount of memory available. It's annoying.

Since you use GSAK, download the POI macro for your unit, and then load all the unfound caches in your GSAK database into your GPS, using POIloader from Garmin's website. Best use of memory I've seen. I'm still dumbfounded when I see CSx owners who don't do this, but maybe they like running back to their computers all the time.

Since you use GSAK, download the POI macro for your unit, and then load all the unfound caches in your GSAK database into your GPS, using POIloader from Garmin's website. Best use of memory I've seen. I'm still dumbfounded when I see CSx owners who don't do this, but maybe they like running back to their computers all the time.

I also keep all found caches and caches I own loaded as POIs. That way I'm always sure I won't run into proximity issues when placing a cache and if I need to find one of my own caches or return to one I found, the info is on my GPS without taking up valuable space as a geocache.

I also keep all found caches and caches I own loaded as POIs. That way I'm always sure I won't run into proximity issues when placing a cache and if I need to find one of my own caches or return to one I found, the info is on my GPS without taking up valuable space as a geocache.

While there are functional downsides to loading unfound caches as POIs on most of these handheld units, loading your found caches as POIs is indeed a very useful way to know where things are. I do the same thing on mine, and even load them onto my TomTom (along with unfounds) using a little smiley face icon to identify them as found caches.