I have been loaned an Etrex Summit...

Jason and Jack

I am getting pretty good with adding the waypoints, but I can never get the reading that shows how far away from my cache that I am to 'work right'. I am getting the bearings right but when you don't know how much farther you have to go you basically walk for ever, but 'in the right direction'.

Can anyone with this model help a noob out?

Quick Question, Have you read the owners manual? It is available on the Garmin website. That being said I have looked it up for you. If you go to the compass page it should be the top right box. (Unless it has been changed. I do not know if the summit has that ability.) Some GPS receivers have the ability to configure the on screen displays as you would like them. One such receiver is the Colorado. So I could borrow someones Colorado and not know where anything is because I have mine set up the way I like it. I hope this helps. If you have anymore questions, don't hesitate to ask. You can even email me if you would like. Keep on caching.

N7MFT

Oh, I should mention that the block is called distance to next. As long as you are not using auto routing it should be the distance to the destination.

Edited by N7MFT