UK Geocaching in a political light

Yes, it's General Election day here in U.K. (Pause for rousing cheers)

I just saw that the cache "Geocaching gets my vote" has been published this morning and it started me thinking...

If all geocachers had a vote to cast, which Geocaching Parties should be established here in UK?

Would the Conservative Cachers campaign for the traditional values of trad caches, with decent walks and good views? The Labour-ing Under a Misapprehension party could hide cunning caches which appear be easy hides but then turn into complicated ones. Who would join the British Nano Preservation society?

Which Geocaching Party would you vote for? Would you stand?

Make your nominations here. Manifestos welcome. :anicute:

This is meant as a light-hearted topic to suit the day so please have some fun with your ideas and suggestions.

MrsB ;)

Edited by The Blorenges

Vote Smiley Party.

We promise:

- Larger cache sizes! Tough targets to limit the number of micros.

- More investment in the NHS (National Hide System).

- No limits on the number of foreign TBs/GCs which can enter UK caches.

- Mandatory 2 days caching leave per year for all employees (in addition to current annual leave entitlement).

:anicute:

I would like to see whichever party gets in devote more resources to the cache-police. They are sorely underfunded and spend far too much time filling in paperwork on the GS forums.

Also, the winning party should form a special cache-police investigation unit - SOCA (Serious and Organised Cache Agency) to deal with organised signing of log books by cachers for others that were not present and that sort of thing...

Edited by _TeamFitz_

Vote Smiley Party.

We promise:

- Larger cache sizes! Tough targets to limit the number of micros.

- More investment in the NHS (National Hide System).

- No limits on the number of foreign TBs/GCs which can enter UK caches.

- Mandatory 2 days caching leave per year for all employees (in addition to current annual leave entitlement).

You have my full support!

I say "VOTE GREEN"

well it is the colour of a good ammo box, and as we all know disarmament would mean lots of cheap ones would be available if only for a short time.

Also green would include some nice imaginative ways for caches to blend into the back ground, i love a nice sneaky hide :anicute:

I say "VOTE GREEN"

well it is the colour of a good ammo box, and as we all know disarmament would mean lots of cheap ones would be available if only for a short time.

Also green would include some nice imaginative ways for caches to blend into the back ground, i love a nice sneaky hide ;)

Hear Hear, Harrumph, Aye Aye and all that !

never thought I'd vote for the Greens, I don't like cabbage ! :anicute:

I say "VOTE GREEN"

Also green would include some nice imaginative ways for caches to blend into the back ground, i love a nice sneaky hide ;)

I so prefer the Green ammo boxes to those Brown ones :anicute:

Assuming we didn't see tactical voting to keep the GMP (Geocaching Micro Party) out of power I wouldn't be surprised to see the Monster Raving Loony Party requiring examinations in geocaching to be taken by all school leavers, using only pencils recovered from geocaches.

As the election puzzle is not yet solved, the Smiley Party have formed an alliance with the Wayout Waymarking Party, and in a deal will bring back Virtuals to Geocaching. In a smaller deal, they have also agreed to support the Monster Raving Loony Party in their policy of Geo-exams. In addition, ALRs will be allowed again, as long as they are either caching related or Loony in nature.

The leader of the Smiley Party (Follow T. Arrow) has asked King Graculus for permission to form a new caching government.

As the election puzzle is not yet solved, the Smiley Party have formed an alliance with the Wayout Waymarking Party, and in a deal will bring back Virtuals to Geocaching. In a smaller deal, they have also agreed to support the Monster Raving Loony Party in their policy of Geo-exams. In addition, ALRs will be allowed again, as long as they are either caching related or Loony in nature.

The leader of the Smiley Party (Follow T. Arrow) has asked King Graculus for permission to form a new caching government.

The other parties won't have a "Clegg" to stand on!! :)