Geocoins

Waynes_world

While attending the 10 year event in Villiersdorp, Tricky Vicky & Mickey solved part of a problem of mine by gracing us with their personal coin collection.

Before deciding to buy a local coin I have been chasing the idea of how many are there of South African, African an Cacher related Coins, an will I ever have the opportunity of seeing them.

Thanks to Tricky Vicky & Mickey I now have a few names.

If anyone has or knows of any other please add the pics an names onto the thread.

Africa Coin

Africaf.jpg

South Africa Coin

SouthAfricaf.jpg

Team Fish Eagle 2010 Coin

FishEagle2010.jpg

The Huskies - Soccer World Cup 2010 Coin

TheHuskies.jpg

South African (and African) coins that we have in our mini-collection.....

If you'd like to see them "in the flesh", then here is where you'll find them.

2005 SA Geocoin (non-trackable), commissioned by Geocacher_coza

13635baf-731e-4f1a-a09d-97af296a142f.jpg

2006 Fish Eagle, produced by Geocoins Netherlands in Gold, Silver & Bronze, and we have one of each in our collection.

0ff82c84-7536-4f1b-bb2e-ac0f6e74bb66.jpg

2007 (March) Signal Geocoin, produced by the Geocoin Club USA as part of the "countries" series

f609e375-2038-4cc6-9189-6c66e5b36951.jpg

2007 SA Geocoin, commissioned by NotBlonde, and produced by the Geocoin Store, USA

ccf45b7e-4224-47d5-af14-4c74bc7eea1a.jpg

2007 Adrenaline Geocoin, commissioned by CrystalFairy, and produced by Coins and Pins, USA

b27d489b-1f68-495b-b598-25f09daec27b.jpg

2007 The Huskies Geocoin, commissioned by The Huskies, and produced by SoCalCoins, USA

d79ccaf0-e26f-4d22-854b-657e25b2d6f5.jpg

2007 Crystalfairy Geocoin, commissioned by CrystalFairy

771bc3d8-a272-487e-968b-1188b474cf86.jpg

2008 Eragon Saphira & GRC Geocoin, commissioned by Eragon Saphira, and produced by Gold Reef City Mint

c5550b02-117a-4f67-a63b-242fb4246a70.jpg

2010 Tanzania Geocoin, commissioned by FriedelFindus

fc107ec5-2a43-4384-8d7e-67a1e68ae9b7.jpg

2010 Fish Eagle, produced by the Geocoin Store USA, in shiny silver (only for our use), shiny gold, antique silver and antique gold

d0d96bc9-813f-475f-b126-fbb566a954eb.jpg

Hi

I am a bit new to Geocoins, but was thinking of having some commissioned to celebrate 10 years of caching in SA.

Looks like there will be an event cache in the cape, with quite a few of the owners of some of the oldest caches in the country attending. I was hoping to present a few coins to those who started the sport off.

I need help with ideas, designs, and how to best go about commissioning the coins.

Fish Eagle has given a few helpful pointers and says that if I want to allow others to market the coin commercially that a round coin is to be avoided. He thinks something with an odd shape/moving part/luminous...etc sells better.

Would love any help that can be offered and am happy to make this a collective project to allow others to benefit.

Hi all,

I am now in the market and I want to start collecting all the African related Coins. If anyone has any spare or know where I can get whether new or old please contact me on the GC message system.

Thanx

Wayne

Eish - a number of the older coins are no longer available from the vendor as they sold out some time ago. Your best bet might be to look on e-Bay, but as a South African that could work out quite expensive as shipping costs are high. You could also trawl the Geocoin section of the Forum - you can also post that you are looking for coins. You might be lucky and get a response there.

Another way would be to contact the person who commissioned the coins as well - they may just have a couple available for sale.

Good luck.

Am I just being dof? Okay I hear all the answers to that one!

Is there a way (there used to be) to delete an image from a trackables page? I can't seem to find it. :angry::tired:

Very easy. Go to the trackables page - obviously it needs to be YOUR trackable. Just above the "Tracking History" - or what we might call the logs - you will see "Gallery Images related to XYZ'z ABC Travel Bug". Listed below will be the file names of all the photos / pictures in the gallery with a small "edit" next to each name. Click on the "edit" and the photo will load in its own page where various editing functions can be performed. One of the functions is a little dustbin icon. Click on the dustbin in the top right hand corner and follow the instructions. QED. :ph34r:

Good luck. :PB)

Am I just being dof? Okay I hear all the answers to that one!

Is there a way (there used to be) to delete an image from a trackables page? I can't seem to find it. :angry::tired:

Very easy. Go to the trackables page - obviously it needs to be YOUR trackable. Just above the "Tracking History" - or what we might call the logs - you will see "Gallery Images related to XYZ'z ABC Travel Bug". Listed below will be the file names of all the photos / pictures in the gallery with a small "edit" next to each name. Click on the "edit" and the photo will load in its own page where various editing functions can be performed. One of the functions is a little dustbin icon. Click on the dustbin in the top right hand corner and follow the instructions. QED. :ph34r:

Good luck. :PB)

Thanks cincol - followed the instructions and in Firefox I don't get the images with edit next to them, but then tried in Chrome and there it was - so thanks again - possibly one of the greasemonkey scripts removes it???

Thanks cincol - followed the instructions and in Firefox I don't get the images with edit next to them, but then tried in Chrome and there it was - so thanks again - possibly one of the greasemonkey scripts removes it???

Strange - I use FireFox and it is definitely there. Perhaps you need to look at your GreaseMonkey. :unsure:

Edited by cincol

Strange - I use FireFox and it is definitely there. Perhaps you need to look at your GreaseMonkey. :unsure:

cincol it is one of the scripts as I actually see a thumbnail picture, but no editing function - no probs though as I sorted it via Chrome - thanks :P