GPX 1.0.1

OK so I might jsut not be finding it and the search feature says that my words aren't long enough when searching for "gpx 1.0.1" SO that all said. Who can tell me the difference between GPX 1.0 and GPX 1.0.1?

I have been trying to find it on the sight for an hour.

OK so I might jsut not be finding it and the search feature says that my words aren't long enough when searching for "gpx 1.0.1" SO that all said. Who can tell me the difference between GPX 1.0 and GPX 1.0.1?

I have been trying to find it on the sight for an hour.

GPX 1.0 does not have the cache attributes and GPX 1.0.1 does. Some 3rd party software may not like .gpx files with cache attributes.

GPX 1.0 does not have the cache attributes and GPX 1.0.1 does. Some 3rd party software may not like .gpx files with cache attributes.

How do GSAK and VantagePoint like .GPX 1.0.1 files? Do they handle them okay? (I'm expecting my new Magellan Triton 2000 this afternoon and want to experience my first paperless geocache tonight.)

How do GSAK and VantagePoint like .GPX 1.0.1 files? Do they handle them okay? (I'm expecting my new Magellan Triton 2000 this afternoon and want to experience my first paperless geocache tonight.)

Can't speak for VantagePoint but recent versions of GSAK is quite happy with attributes.

Can't speak for VantagePoint but recent versions of GSAK is quite happy with attributes.

In Geocaching.com, right hand corner select your name/handle, which takes you to your account profile. Under "Quick View", select ", Account Details", then at the bottom, "Your Preferences", then "GPX version". Typically you want it set for "GPX 1.0" but this is the place to change it if you want to. It might take a couple of attempts to take the change but be patient.

Be safe.

N

I can't speak for the Triton 2000, but if you are using the latest GSAK it will handle gpx 1.0.1. I have an eXplorist GC and have uploaded my caches via GSAK and it shows the attributes with the cache listing in my GPS.