sending geocaches to magellan triton

When you click on Send to GPS, a popup window opens. Select Magellan. Then Download. You have to close VantagePoint first. If you've just installed Communicator, you need to reboot first. Also if the cache has child way points it'll freeze.

Here's another way...

You have to use Magellan's VantagePoint software.

You need to be a premium member to download gpx files. If you are not a premium member, follow the same procedure using the .loc files, except for the use of pocket queries; and you will not get the info listed at the bottom, only the location of the caches..

You can use either step 2a, 2b or 2c to get the caches from the website in VP.

1. On the page of a cache, click GPX eXchange File(or LOC Waypoint File) and save it to your hard drive; I organized mine into different folders, basically by city(I usually name them the same as on the website; make sure that the file name ends in .gpx or .loc(accordingly))

2. Choose option a, b or c.

a. Upload the .gpx/.loc file into Vantage point; from Vantage Point software, click the Import Icon, 3rd from the left; then select the file from your hard drive. You can only do one file at a time, pain in the butt.

b. To import multiple gpx/loc files at once, open the folder that contains the gpx/loc files and open VP. Select the files(hold down CTRL and click the ones you want); then drag them into VP

c. Create a Pocket Query; unzip zip it; then import in into VP.

3. Transfer the file to GPSr. Connect your unit the the computer via usb. Then Click the Transfer From PC to My GPS icon where it says Snyc. Then a window will popup and to can select waypoints or geocaches; I uncheck both boxes. Then click the plus sign next to geocaches; then chech the boxes next to all the caches you want to transfer; it'll do how many ever you select. Then click OK and let it do it's thing.

What you will get on your Triton(if using .gpx files) is…

1. Name

2. Short Description

3. Long Description

4. Cache Type

5. Coordinates

6. Hint

6. Short Description

7. Long Description

When you click on Send to GPS, a popup window opens. Select Magellan. Then Download. You have to close VantagePoint first. If you've just installed Communicator, you need to reboot first. Also if the cache has child way points it'll freeze.

Here's another way...

You have to use Magellan's VantagePoint software.

You need to be a premium member to download gpx files. If you are not a premium member, follow the same procedure using the .loc files, except for the use of pocket queries; and you will not get the info listed at the bottom, only the location of the caches..

You can use either step 2a, 2b or 2c to get the caches from the website in VP.

1. On the page of a cache, click GPX eXchange File(or LOC Waypoint File) and save it to your hard drive; I organized mine into different folders, basically by city(I usually name them the same as on the website; make sure that the file name ends in .gpx or .loc(accordingly))

2. Choose option a, b or c.

a. Upload the .gpx/.loc file into Vantage point; from Vantage Point software, click the Import Icon, 3rd from the left; then select the file from your hard drive. You can only do one file at a time, pain in the butt.

b. To import multiple gpx/loc files at once, open the folder that contains the gpx/loc files and open VP. Select the files(hold down CTRL and click the ones you want); then drag them into VP

c. Create a Pocket Query; unzip zip it; then import in into VP.

3. Transfer the file to GPSr. Connect your unit the the computer via usb. Then Click the Transfer From PC to My GPS icon where it says Snyc. Then a window will popup and to can select waypoints or geocaches; I uncheck both boxes. Then click the plus sign next to geocaches; then chech the boxes next to all the caches you want to transfer; it'll do how many ever you select. Then click OK and let it do it's thing.

What you will get on your Triton(if using .gpx files) is…

1. Name

2. Short Description

3. Long Description

4. Cache Type

5. Coordinates

6. Hint

6. Short Description

7. Long Description

Thanks for your help, but for some reason neither of those things worked for me. Thanks though.

Does anyone know how to do a bulk erase in Vantage Point? I used Pocket Query to find all large size cache's with terrain and difficulty <2.0 within 20 miles of home. One by one as we find them I delete them out of Vantage Point. That was two months ago, it was my first and only experience uploading from Pocket Query to Vantage Point and its working fine. But we've got a vacation trip coming up and I want to wipe out all remaining local caches and uploaded a bunch of vacation caches instead. Then once vacation is over I would like to wipe them out again as we return home. All I know how to do presently is to delete them one at a time from Vantage Point. Any assistance on bulk erase is greatly appreciated.

Saplings in NJ.