How About A UK GC Podcast?

I have emailed Collin but not had a reply as yet. Hopefully he hasn't been put off by the minority who gave him a hard time previously. He put a lot of hard work in to the podcast and I for one will miss it if he has decided to retire it.

name and shame them on here and we will deal with them :D:laughing::huh:

Just thought I'd let you all know that I released show 5 of the podcast yesterday. :)

I hope that you are finding useful information and I am always looking for more subjects to cover if you'd like to get in touch.

Feedback on the show, good, bad other, but most importantly constructive is always appreciated

http://www.ukgcpodcast.com/2011/01/03/show-5-the-one-with-the-yeti/

There's an easy competition for a GAGB Geocoin, a question of the month and if you're feeling so inclined a poll in the right hand menu.

Collin

I know I am bumping my own thread but I am looking for more answers to the question of the month:

What do you HATE about Geocaching?

I've had some interesting answers so far, a couple of rants and a few one liners. It can be anything, a touchy subject or your pet hate.

Get featured on the show - send me your caching hates to ukgcpodcast@gmail.com

Of course, if you want to record your answer and email me the sound file (in any format!) that is more than welcome! Don't worry about quality, just record it and as long as we can hear your voice I'll put it in the show.

Also looking for shouts, milestones, questions, answers, stories in audio or text format.

January's competition is for a fabulous GAGB Geocoin, all you have to do is answer a very simple question!

Look forward to hearing from you!

Collin

Can I subscribe to it?

Had a quick look the other day, may have missed something. Or do I have to download one at a time and keep checking?

Yes, via itunes.

UKGCpodcast page is: http://www.ukgcpodcast.com/ (as Collins link in his sig isn't 100% correct!)

Thanks for that... Will now be entertained when caching solo!

If I'd been recording today there's no way it could have been published... a bit of unplanned scree surfing took place. Dropped around 100ft... Escaped with a few cuts and a broken pride! Lots of expletives! Saw a great place for a cache half way down, but there's no terrain 6 rating, and there's no way I'm going down there again. Didn't have time to mark a waypoint and toss a 35mil canister out... Sorry everyone!

Drive bys tomorrow I guess :(

Edited by NattyBooshka

I download and listen to it every month. There's not enough about football in it.

There's a number of very good (and unpublishable) reasons for there not being enough football in the show! :anitongue::laughing:

Still nothing about football in this months podcast. Do you have an official complaints procedure?

I guess it's summer and the football will be lacking... I'm sure all the summer transfer news will be in the next one :D

Edited by NattyBooshka

Glad you enjoyed it guys - was a bit of a labour for this edition!

Discovered that my monthly hosting wasn't big enough to take the mp3 file so had to upgrade. Got LOTS more space now! :)

I have finally figured out how to fix my forum sig and the link should be right now. :)

hitch - as long as it's non-profit, no problem. :)

Natty - you'll soon realise that I publish almost anything (within reason) and have a good swear filter button! Case in point - TSS's Sussex Amble rambles last month... :laughing: For some reason people like to listen to people getting it wrong and minor injuries always go down well! Hope you're ok by the way!

I got your question to the reviewer and with Deci's help I am hoping to have it in the next show. :)

Nick - Ok, Ok, I give in! The official complaint procedure - record your complaint in audio format so it can be heard by all. Send it to me at the usual email address (mentioned in the show).

Glad you enjoyed it guys - was a bit of a labour for this edition!

Discovered that my monthly hosting wasn't big enough to take the mp3 file so had to upgrade. Got LOTS more space now! :)

I have finally figured out how to fix my forum sig and the link should be right now. :)

hitch - as long as it's non-profit, no problem. :)

Natty - you'll soon realise that I publish almost anything (within reason) and have a good swear filter button! Case in point - TSS's Sussex Amble rambles last month... :laughing: For some reason people like to listen to people getting it wrong and minor injuries always go down well! Hope you're ok by the way!

I got your question to the reviewer and with Deci's help I am hoping to have it in the next show. :)

Nick - Ok, Ok, I give in! The official complaint procedure - record your complaint in audio format so it can be heard by all. Send it to me at the usual email address (mentioned in the show).

Cool... yeah... I'm fine... just pleased nobody has it on video!

Podcast downloading for the week... I'm trying to get out everyday for 100 days, so there will be some driving time involved and I'll have the podcast to entertain me.

Up to DNF 7 now on a cache that everyone else seems to find easily... and yet I can walk up to "difficult" ones and spot them a mile off. Plenty of swearing there too!

Sorry my question to Deci was a bit long... it was raining here, so I had time to write an essay!

Anyways... really looking forwards to the podcast.

I've got the looks for television, but not a voice for radio unfortunately. I'll take it up with the producer instead.

Chicken!

People tell me I have a great face for radio...

Great to hear some of the Geolympix Buzz on it too. Thanks Collin - and welcome back! :)

Linky: http://www.ukgcpodcast.com/​2012/07/30/show-august-2012

Without wanting to hijack the thread, there's also Pete Mason's podcast featuring the Geolympix: http://​thepodcacheshow.blogspot.co.uk/​2012/08/​the-podcache-show-episode-eleve​n.html

EDIT: Very odd. Only one link allowed per post now, it seems..?

Edited by Simply Paul