New oregon 450

I just got my new oregon 450 yesterday. I'm having trouble figuring out how to load my pocket queries into it. I have read and reread some of the other posts here as well as the info in Garmin Oregon Wiki however I'm still having problems. I was wondering if someone could help me.

I have been using my Garmin GPSmap 60Cx for geocaching but wanted to go paperless so I got the oregon. I have been using EasyGPS. When I get the pocket queries I save them and then move them over to my desktop. Then I open them and click on send to put them on the GPS. I'm afraid to try that with the oregon because from what I've read you have to copy the file to the Garmin/GPX file. When I plug my oregon into the computer a Garmin file shows up in My Computer. I tried dragging the pocket query onto the Garmin file but the geocaches didn't show up on the GPS. I feel pretty dumb but I just don't understand how to do this.

Thanks. I guess I was just tired after reading everything last night. I was thinking I needed to open the pocket query a different way than what I was doing before. And I couldn't open the file in my computer but it just worked when I tried windows explorer.

Thanks. I guess I was just tired after reading everything last night. I was thinking I needed to open the pocket query a different way than what I was doing before. And I couldn't open the file in my computer but it just worked when I tried windows explorer.

Older versions of Windows didn't have built-in ZIP archive extraction, so you might need to download WinZip or 7-Zip. (I'd reccommend 7-Zip as it's 100% free, not shareware/nagware.)

Unzip the .ZIP pocket query results, and put the .GPX files into:

X:\Garmin\GPX

Where X: is whatever drive letter the Oregon shows up as when you plug it in.

NOTE: If you have a MicroSD card installed, *two* drive letters will show up. \Garmin\GPX will work on either one of these.