Wherigo on wince GPS

courdi95

hi,

good job making it work

could you please write a simple step-by-step guide (or make a video) to installing the PhoneME software? i would link it from openwig's pages

also, there seemed to be some problems:

1. you never saved your GPS configuration. in the Options screen, you have to click "Menu" and then "Save" to save the settings.

then the GPS screen will show you "GPS: disconnected" and a "Connect" button.

2. it appeared that sometimes (often) when you clicked "Back" the application crashed.

this might be something similar to what is happening on some Samsung phones. i still don't know what is going on :e(

i tried installing the phoneME software on my PC, but it was very unreliable - as if the screen did not refresh properly. so i could not debug it

hi,

good job making it work

could you please write a simple step-by-step guide (or make a video) to installing the PhoneME software? i would link it from openwig's pages

also, there seemed to be some problems:

1. you never saved your GPS configuration. in the Options screen, you have to click "Menu" and then "Save" to save the settings.

then the GPS screen will show you "GPS: disconnected" and a "Connect" button.

2. it appeared that sometimes (often) when you clicked "Back" the application crashed.

this might be something similar to what is happening on some Samsung phones. i still don't know what is going on :e(

i tried installing the phoneME software on my PC, but it was very unreliable - as if the screen did not refresh properly. so i could not debug it

thank you for the time you spent analyzing my video ! it was my first trials .... !

in the next days I will make a tutorial for the installation of phoneMe on my wince5 gps. however, phoneme does not work properly on my second wince4.2 gps. thus I am considering, as the pocket pc sw from Groundspeak does not work on both, to develop a dedicated Wherigo reader for wince, using a framework that works perfectly on those platforms : windev (see my web site geocachingce).

@matejcik : from your point of view, what is the best solution ?

develop a full sw with a lua parser included (as you done in java) ?

use the lua vm connected to a cartridge reader and parser sw ?

in this case how could I manage the first instruction of the lua script : require "Wherigo"

where can i cope with the Wherigo.lua ? i do not have it ... do you have a version ? should i develop an emulator ? do you know how the Groundspeak reader do ?

ps: send a mp when you will post your reply please

I wasn't able to get it going with PhoneME, which is why I switched to JBED (since NorthernPenguin got it working).

I'd also like to learn how you got it going with PhoneME. TIA!

in next days i will post a tutorial

do you know if jbed is compatible with wince5 ? with wince4.2 ? where can i download it ?

please send a mp when you will post your reply