Fight Cancer Geocoins still Available

doverider

Last year we lost my brother Frankie to Cancer. He was only 44 years old. Losing him deeply affected our entire family. When we looked around, we saw many other families going through the same tragedy and decided to do something about it. We are entering the American Cancer Society's Relay for Life.

Using Frankie's 'handle' - Moxie Man, and his passion for acting, and his military background, we've designed a Geocoin that will be used to raise funds for The American Cancer Society. The coin will be trackable at geocaching.com.

gecoindraftcopy4.jpg

THE MONEY WE RAISE will help ensure that the American Cancer Society continues to meet the growing demand for its services - free rides to and from cancer treatments, temporary lodging near treatment centers, help finding clinical trials and affordable insurance, summer camps for children and teens with cancer, and so much more.

I'm planning to have the coins available by spring 2010. The coins will go for $10 each. We will also have some limited edition coins that will be auctioned off.

I'd like to get an idea of how much interest folks have in purchasing the coin. Please chime in with your thoughts!

:)

Thank You!

Barbara

Edited by doverider

I like your coin alot.

I would be interested in buying one or more after you have had them in hand.

Not interested in a pre-sale.

I'm so glad you like it! Just to clarify,I'm not 'pre selling' the coins, rather I'm just trying to get a feeling for the response before I mint it.

:)

I'll probably buy some.

I can't see the photo though, I don't know if it's just b/c my job has blocked where the image is hosted or if there is a problem with the link..it just says "IPB Image"

Hi There!

It must be a firewall thing. No one else seems to have that problem. I'll happily send you a pic if you want. I'll EM you my regular email. Just drop me a line and I'll send you the jpeg.

Smiles

Barbara

Edited by doverider

Sorry for your loss.

Having lost a couple of friends to cancer and with my half sister being a survivor I would be interested in a couple of them myself.

I really like the idea of using some of the money from the coins' sales to help the ACS, and the coin is a great design.

Not trying to be disrespectful or anything as I understand where your idea came from, but what if you were to remove your brothers name and dates from the coin and left it as a blank engravable area so that people who purchase this coin could have them custom engraved with a friend or loved ones name and dates?

Either way, you can count on me for at least 2 or 3 of these coins...

Hi!

Thanks for you interest! That engraving idea is wonderful! I really like it and may use it in the future. For this year, our first, we decided to do this in honor of my Brother. He loved to travel so we're sending his spirit round the world with a coin.

Sorry for your loss.

Having lost a couple of friends to cancer and with my half sister being a survivor I would be interested in a couple of them myself.

I really like the idea of using some of the money from the coins' sales to help the ACS, and the coin is a great design.

Not trying to be disrespectful or anything as I understand where your idea came from, but what if you were to remove your brothers name and dates from the coin and left it as a blank engravable area so that people who purchase this coin could have them custom engraved with a friend or loved ones name and dates?

Either way, you can count on me for at least 2 or 3 of these coins...

New Cancer Geocoin!!

I'm so sorry to hear about your diagnosis! I know how hard this can be. But there is Hope!!

Last June we lost my brother, Frankie, to cancer. My family decided to fight back.

We have entered the American Cancer Society's Relay for Life as the Moxie Men. In honor of my brother, who was an avid actor, our theme is "All the World's a Stage".

To raise funds we have minted these Geocoins. 150 Antique Bronze (RE), 50 Satin Silver (LE), and 25 Satin Gold (XLE). They are going for $10, $15, and $20 respectively. We're also offering the set for $40.

They will be available in about 2 weeks directly from me or at http://www.geocoinstore.com/

ACSGeocoinFront2TGC-07386S2-Final.jpg

ACSGeocoinRear2TGC-07386S2-Final.jpg

Please let me know if you are interested and Spread the Word!!

Thanks,

Barbara

Edited by doverider

New Cancer Geocoin!!

Last June we lost my brother, Frankie, to cancer. My family decided to fight back.

We have entered the American Cancer Society's Relay for Life as the Moxie Men. In honor of my brother, who was an avid actor, our theme is "All the World's a Stage".

To raise funds we have minted these Geocoins.

150 Antique Bronze (RE), 50 Satin Silver (LE), and 25 Satin Gold (XLE). They are going for $10, $15, and $20 respectively. We're also offering the set for $40.

They will be available in about 2 weeks directly from me or at http://www.geocoinstore.com/

Thanks,

Barbara

New Cancer Geocoin!!

I'm so sorry to hear about your diagnosis! I know how hard this can be. But there is Hope!!

To raise funds we have minted these Geocoins. 150 Antique Bronze (RE), 50 Satin Silver (LE), and 25 Satin Gold (XLE). They are going for $10, $15, and $20 respectively. We're also offering the set for $40.

Thanks,

Barbara

Are these trackable? Thanks for the info!

My step father currently has inoperaple/terminal cancer. I'm interested. Is it better to purchase direct from you or the store - as in which way do you get more money or doesn't it matter?

It doesn't matter. Since it's a charity, I would waive our normal resale fee and give her 100% of the retail cost of the item via check.

TMA

My step father currently has inoperaple/terminal cancer. I'm interested. Is it better to purchase direct from you or the store - as in which way do you get more money or doesn't it matter?

It doesn't matter. Since it's a charity, I would waive our normal resale fee and give her 100% of the retail cost of the item via check.

TMA

Glad to hear that, thanks

And you can put me down for a set :anibad:

I just wanted to update this prior post... just so everyone knows!

New Cancer Geocoin!!

To raise funds we have minted these Geocoins.

150 Antique Bronze (RE), 50 Satin Silver (LE), and 25 Satin Gold (XLE). They are going for $10, $15, and $20 respectively. We're also offering the set for $40.

Thanks,

Barbara

Yes, they will be TRACKABLE and have a unique ICON!

New Cancer Geocoin!!

Thanks,

Barbara

Are these trackable? Thanks for the info!

Hi There!

thanks for the interest in the coin! We really appreciate your support!!

The coins will be completely trackable and will have their own unique icon.

I should be getting the coins in about 2-4 weeks.

If you are interested just let me know how many and what kind. I'll reserve them for you.

Once they're in I'll send you info for Paypal payment and exchange contact/mailing info.

Thanks again!!!

Happy Caching!

Barbara

very very VERYYYYYYYYYYY interested........

i`m sorry for your lost but i will spread the word with ya.....

Hi There!

thanks for the interest in the coin! We really appreciate your support!!

The coins will be completely trackable and will have their own unique icon.

I should be getting the coins in about 2-4 weeks.

If you are interested just let me know how many and what kind. I'll reserve them for you.

Once they're in I'll send you info for Paypal payment and exchange contact/mailing info.

Thanks again!!!

Happy Caching!

Barbara

PM sent ... hope there is a set left to reserve.