Nuvi 260W Battery

There were 2 models of the 260W. The one in their video is the original model which has the 2 exposed screws. A bit before Garmin discontinued the 260W prior to going to the 255W they changed the 260W where it looks like the 255W. If your 260W doesn't look like the one in the 260W video then try this one:

255W video

There were 2 models of the 260W. The one in their video is the original model which has the 2 exposed screws. A bit before Garmin discontinued the 260W prior to going to the 255W they changed the 260W where it looks like the 255W. If your 260W doesn't look like the one in the 260W video then try this one:

255W video

My unit looks like the one in the 255 video. I removed the label last night to reviel 2 very small torx screws. Now I need to find the correct torx driver to get them out. There are a couple of ebay sales that say that they include the necessary tools. I just didnt want to buy a battery and have to solder it in. I have no idea why the factory battery doesnt hold a charge very well. Im guessing that it wasnt discharged properly/stored fully charged/etc.

Edited by Berta, Nick and Zoey