Travel Bug

freespirit444

I have a travel bug that wants to get to a specific state that I DO NOT live in or close to. I have a friend who lives close to the TB destination (within hours). The TB has 4 months to get there before owner tries to pick it back up. Question is. . . . . is it "cheating" for me to send (by mail) the TB to my friend so it can be close to its destination. Or, do I drop it in another cache and hope it gets there :-)

I have a travel bug that wants to get to a specific state that I DO NOT live in or close to. I have a friend who lives close to the TB destination (within hours). The TB has 4 months to get there before owner tries to pick it back up. Question is. . . . . is it "cheating" for me to send (by mail) the TB to my friend so it can be close to its destination. Or, do I drop it in another cache and hope it gets there :-)

Well you could ask the bug owner if that is what they want, or you could not worry about it and drop it in a cache. If there is a cache close to a highway by you that goes to that state drop it there and wish it well.

Well you could ask the bug owner if that is what they want, or you could not worry about it and drop it in a cache. If there is a cache close to a highway by you that goes to that state drop it there and wish it well.

Hmmmmm, interesting. . . . hubby said ask owner also. OK. I will!

In general, the answer is "Don't mail it." I wouldn't call it "cheating" but it's not the way TBs are supposed to travel. The idea is for the TB to travel from cache to cache, hopefully heading toward its destination. If the TB owner had wanted to to be mailed, s/he could have mailed it himself.