Going Ape!

TotemLake

Would it be possible to buy the goodie bag without the pass? I believe the interagency senior pass covers the pass requirement.

Hey Jim, we hope to have some extra Goody Bags for sale (price TBD) at the event, for those not going on the APE excursion. If you want to go on your own sometime with the senior pass, then you're good. However, if you want to go on the bus trip that's part of the event, you'll need to pony the $25. As detailed on the event page, the fee covers WSGA's costs (buses, permits, etc.), and we don't get a cut from the senior pass. :D

Would it be possible to buy the goodie bag without the pass? I believe the interagency senior pass covers the pass requirement.

Hey Jim, we hope to have some extra Goody Bags for sale (price TBD) at the event, for those not going on the APE excursion. If you want to go on your own sometime with the senior pass, then you're good. However, if you want to go on the bus trip that's part of the event, you'll need to pony the $25. As detailed on the event page, the fee covers WSGA's costs (buses, permits, etc.), and we don't get a cut from the senior pass. :D

Perhaps I misunderstood. I thought the passes were part of the price of the goodie bag, if they are I was just asking if the cost could be reduced by the price of the pass. Oh well, no biggy.

Perhaps I misunderstood. I thought the passes were part of the price of the goodie bag, if they are I was just asking if the cost could be reduced by the price of the pass. Oh well, no biggy.

The goody bag includes the goodies listed on the event page, but no NWFP. Because this is a group event with buses, we must have 'special events' permits (two of them: one state, one federal) instead of individual NW Forest Passes. Let's just say the NWFPs are cheaper.

The goody bag includes the goodies listed on the event page, but no NWFP. Because this is a group event with buses, we must have 'special events' permits (two of them: one state, one federal) instead of individual NW Forest Passes. Let's just say the NWFPs are cheaper.

cool

Hope I'm posting to the right thread.

Will be in Seattle via Ohio July 28th for five days and the one cache that has me perplexed is the A.P.E. Cache.

I have only one day for this cache and want to get it right. Any info and hints for this cache is appreciated.

Are there alot of bears, do I need a heavy jacket in late July, some cachers seem to take the wrong trail.

I really don't want to take a wrong turn here as a four mile walk is all I need. Post all hints or PM me. I'm sure I won't be back to Seattle (cost to much) and I really want the APE icon and the memories. thanks

Will be in Seattle via Ohio July 28th for five days and the one cache that has me perplexed is the A.P.E. Cache.

I have only one day for this cache and want to get it right. Any info and hints for this cache is appreciated.

Are there alot of bears, do I need a heavy jacket in late July, some cachers seem to take the wrong trail.

I really don't want to take a wrong turn here as a four mile walk is all I need. Post all hints or PM me. I'm sure I won't be back to Seattle (cost to much) and I really want the APE icon and the memories. thanks

If I count the days correctly, you are leaving on July 2, the date of this event. Bummer.

Be prepared for anything weather wise from rain and 40 degrees to sunshine and 80 degrees.

On the trail, the right trail is obvious after you cross the bridge over the creek. If you think you are looking at an old railroad bed and you have not crossed the bridge, it isn't. Otherwise, no problem.

If I count the days correctly, you are leaving on July 2, the date of this event. Bummer.

Be prepared for anything weather wise from rain and 40 degrees to sunshine and 80 degrees.

On the trail, the right trail is obvious after you cross the bridge over the creek. If you think you are looking at an old railroad bed and you have not crossed the bridge, it isn't. Otherwise, no problem.

Apparently WM you need to brush up on your math skill, maybe you've been retired too long. According to your calculation keithlemons would be leaving 26 days before he gets here. :anicute:

Apparently WM you need to brush up on your math skill, maybe you've been retired too long. According to your calculation keithlemons would be leaving 26 days before he gets here. ;)

Or my reading skills. :anicute:

I actually read that as June 28. Oh well, I hope the rest of that was accurate.

Apparently WM you need to brush up on your math skill, maybe you've been retired too long. According to your calculation keithlemons would be leaving 26 days before he gets here. ;)

Or my reading skills. :anicute:

I actually read that as June 28. Oh well, I hope the rest of that was accurate.

Now that I think of it, the weather information is not accurate. Be prepared for anything from sunshine and up to 90 or cloudy and maybe 65 or anything in between. Rain is possible, but not likely.

Hey Jim, we hope to have some extra Goody Bags for sale (price TBD) at the event, for those not going on the APE excursion. If you want to go on your own sometime with the senior pass, then you're good. However, if you want to go on the bus trip that's part of the event, you'll need to pony the $25. As detailed on the event page, the fee covers WSGA's costs (buses, permits, etc.), and we don't get a cut from the senior pass. :)

I opened this thread with just this question. Thank you for answering! Looking forward to this event. We'll register with our next paycheck. <_<