Garmin GPsr 60CSx with Windows 7

Hi,

Anyone having similar problems to me, in that Windows 7 will not recognise my GPSr Garmin 60CSx. When connecting using GSAK it will not recognise the connection. What have I done wrong? Is it me or Windows 7?

Grateful for any help.

Colin

It's you! Mines working perfectly with Windows 7 (64 bit version) and with GSAK... Have you installed the Garmin drivers? Download from here

Edited by Birdman-of-liskatraz

I've never needed to use any additional drivers but it could be that it didn't install properly. If you look under the hardware list when it's plugged in you might see it with a ? beside it. You could also try plugging it into a different USB port and it might re-install.

I am having the same problem with the same GPSr. I've tried numerous things and nothing works. Any real solutions out there?

JP

Hi,

Anyone having similar problems to me, in that Windows 7 will not recognise my GPSr Garmin 60CSx. When connecting using GSAK it will not recognise the connection. What have I done wrong? Is it me or Windows 7?

Grateful for any help.

Colin

Couple of things to check. Click the Start Button and in the Search box type in device manager

When the dialogue box opens, scroll down to Universal Serial Bus Controllers and look for a USB Mass Storage device connected. This dialogue updates 'live' so if you plug something in and then unplug it you'll see it removed or detected. Try it with the GPS and also any other USB device such as memory stick or USB disk drive.

Here is an example from my PC with a USB drive connected.

usb1.jpg

Next thing to check is disk management to see that Windows has seen the 'drive' and assigned it a drive letter.

Click the Start Button again and in the Search box type in disk management

In the example below you can see my USB disk drive has been allocated drive letter E. If you do plug USB devices into your PC Windows sometimes gets confused with drive letters and tries to assign a letter it's used with a previous device. You can use disk management to assign a unique letter to the GPS so it always gets assigned it when you plug it in.

dm1.jpg

If the device does appear in both places but you still can't connect to it then I'm not sure what it might be. To prove it isn't a fault on the GPS connect it to another PC and see if it works there.

Chris

Graculus

Volunteer UK Reviewer for geocaching.com

UK Geocaching Information & Resources website www.follow-the-arrow.co.uk

Geocaching.com Knowledge Books

Hi,

Grateful for any help.

Colin

I'm using Windoze 7 (32 bit) and a 60CSx and it works just fine. I don't use GSAK though.

Hi,

Grateful for any help.

Colin

I'm using Windoze 7 (32 bit) and a 60CSx and it works just fine. I don't use GSAK though.

I tried the method Graculus recommended. No response in the Device Manager. Hummm - could my cable be messed up? Grabbed another one of the same design I had for a camera. Bingo - drivers intalled and everything's up and running. They sure sold scrawny cables with those units :)