Have you ever . . .

Discombob

After 1800 caches and 6 years of caching, it has finally happened!!

I found a cache that I wasn't actually looking for, just by casually glancing around and thinking, "Hang on, why is that stone in those tree roots?"

This was a puzzle cache that I never solved the co-ords for, so wasn't expecting to find, but just happened to find it while walking between other caches :D:):P

Anyone else been so lucky?

I found a cache that I wasn't actually looking for, just by casually glancing around and thinking, "Hang on, why is that stone in those tree roots?"

This was a puzzle cache that I never solved the co-ords for, so wasn't expecting to find, but just happened to find it while walking between other caches :D:):P

I know Far-Jar-Hug (one of the kids) found one of the caches in the Kruger Park rest camps by accident - thought it would be a good place for a cache and then looked and found!

Perhaps Far-Jar-Hug can elborate

Trev

I know Far-Jar-Hug (one of the kids) found one of the caches in the Kruger Park rest camps by accident - thought it would be a good place for a cache and then looked and found!

Perhaps Far-Jar-Hug can elborate

Trev

Hi,

We were in Kruger Park (when there where still caches there) and decided to visit the Pretoriuskop camp where two caches where placed. One was a multi (Pretoriuskop thriller) which we decided to ignore as the kids bore easily and the other an easy traditional down by the pool (Pretoriuskop Pool area).

I needed to visit the gents and while I was busy the kids played on an old ox wagon nearby. Jason our oldest (then 8) climbed underneath and thought the space above the wheel would make a good spot for a cache. So he stuck his hand in there and found a cache. I was the final location of the multi we had decided NOT to do.

So we logged it, with the full explanation. :)

Cheers

Derek

(Far-Jar-Hug)

I have only kind of had that experience once. I attended an event cache near one of CnC's caches that is hidden in a pet shop. I was walking past with my daughter (loo stop between the stages of their multicache) when she spotted some snakes in the pet shop, so we went in. The shop had many other cachers in there and the was a SA ammo box on the counter. I remarked that it would make a great cache...only to be told that it was! Not quite the same as your experiences though....

The only other odd experience was being brought a cache that I had not found! I was sitting at home when a cache from the mountain top was given to me! A mate (non cacher) had gone for a walk and found a cache out in the open after the baboons had got at it. He knew what it was and so gathered up everything and brought it to me. I then claimed a "find" when I returned it to its hiding place! The cache is called "Bogey Bear" in Hermanus.

Maybe I should check out more of those suspicious piles of rocks.....