2010 Washington Quarter Geocoins

Forty-n-Eight

Hello NW Cachers!

I am pleased to announce the imminent minting of the 2010 Washington Quarter geocoin. While a post of this nature should ideally be on the geocoin forum, I want to make these available to NW cachers first so I am posting here.

I am selling half the run or 125 coins. Respond to this thread (not in email) with the number you'd like and I'll reserve those for you. When the coins come in (2-3 months from now) I will contact you for payment.

Here is the coin:

4573070581_f85b50a89a_o.jpg4573070645_9736798fd8_o.jpg

250 minted (225 antique silver finish, 25 antique gold finish)

1-5/8" x 3.5mm (larger and thicker than your standard geocoin)

Trackable on geocaching.com with a custom icon

Reeded edge (just like a real quarter!)

Because these coins are not inexpensive to make, they are $8 each. You will also have to pay shipping ($1.50 or $2) and PayPal fees (2.9% + $0.30). Rest assured, I am NOT making money on this endeavour; I will be happy to provide a cost breakdown. For local cachers, I'm also happy to arrange for pick up to avoid shipping and PayPal fees in which case coins are $8 each straight up.

For orders of 5 coins, the fifth coin will be a GOLD coin (first 15 sets only!).

Here are the prices (includes coins, shipping, and PayPal fees):

• 1 coin: $10.08
  • 2 coins: $18.31
  • 3 coins: $27.05
  • 4 coins: $35.29
  • 5 coins: $43.52

Cache on!

Josh

Forty-n-Eight

PS: For examples of the 2006 and 2008 Washington Quarters, see my GC profile.

Hello NW Cachers!

I am pleased to announce the imminent minting of the 2010 Washington Quarter geocoin. While a post of this nature should ideally be on the geocoin forum, I want to make these available to NW cachers first so I am posting here.

I am selling half the run or 125 coins. Respond to this thread (not in email) with the number you'd like and I'll reserve those for you. When the coins come in (2-3 months from now) I will contact you for payment.

Here is the coin:

Because these coins are not inexpensive to make, they are $8 each. You will also have to pay shipping ($1.50 or $2) and PayPal fees (2.9% + $0.30). Rest assured, I am NOT making money on this endeavour; I will be happy to provide a cost breakdown. For local cachers, I'm also happy to arrange for pick up to avoid shipping and PayPal fees in which case coins are $8 each straight up.

For orders of 5 coins, the fifth coin will be a GOLD coin (first 15 sets only!).

Cache on!

Josh

Forty-n-Eight

We will take 2! Thank you so much for letting us know! We are so excited to own a few! :P:D:)

Hello NW Cachers!

Here is the coin:

Cache on!

Josh

Forty-n-Eight

We will take 2! Thank you so much for letting us know! We are so excited to own a few! :P:D:)

Hello NW Cachers!

Here is the coin:

Cache on!

Josh

Forty-n-Eight

Wow, what a great response! It looks like there are only 4 of the 5-sets left...call your friends! Here's what I have so far:

NWCREW: 5

Jug & Roon: 1

Coreynjoey: 5

troublejv: 5

hydnsek: 5

jholly: 5

Shaggy, Scooby, and Velma: 2

rockitbiker: 5

WATreasureHunters: 2

Toojin: 5

MtnMutt: 5

FunnyNose: 5

Alnilam: 2

GeoBroke: 1

AndrewRJ: 1

The Jester: 5

Terrible Ts: 5

GrievousAngel: 2

I should have the production art back this week!

Edited by Forty-n-Eight

Here's what we have to date:

NWCREW: 5

Coreynjoey: 5

troublejv: 5

hydnsek: 5

jholly: 5

rockitbiker: 5

Toojin: 5

MtnMutt: 5

FunnyNose: 5

The Jester: 5

Terrible Ts: 5

Kiersolvd: 5

Crystlcryptr: 5

Patudles: 1

Hoddevik: 5

That means 82 of the 125 coins are spoken for and only one gold quarter is left in the last 5-coin set. Below is the mint art.

219343b1-8d40-4a5c-a63b-1365c8779a19.jpg

Thanks everyone!

Hello all!

I approved the artwork for the quarters today. I'll post pictures of the proofs when they come in.

All the gold coins have been claimed (those with a "*" by their name). There is a chance a reserved 5-set will not be purchased in which case I will work down the list of people who have shown an interest.

There are only 35 silver coins left! I will likely post to the general geocoin forum next week (kind of cool most of the coins are going to local cachers!).

Here's the list:

NWCREW: 5*

Coreynjoey: 5*

troublejv: 5*

hydnsek: 5*

jholly: 5*

rockitbiker: 5*

Toojin: 5*

MtnMutt: 5*

FunnyNose: 5*

The Jester: 5*

Terrible Ts: 5*

Kiersolvd: 5*

Crystlcryptr: 5*

Hoddevik: 5*

chaosbooboogunner: 5*

jtthjones: 1

zadidoll: 2

Edited by Forty-n-Eight

Hey Forty-n-Eight, do you happen to have any 2008 coins left? I think we had a quick conversation about this several months ago, but I don't remember what the conclusion to that was. I was able to track down an 06 coin, but the 08 is still eluding me.

+1, if you got any 06's I would be happy to get one.

Here's the list (those with a * are getting one gold coin with their order of 5):

NWCREW: 5*

Coreynjoey: 5*

troublejv: 5*

hydnsek: 5*

jholly: 5*

rockitbiker: 5*

Toojin: 5*

MtnMutt: 5*

FunnyNose: 5*

The Jester: 5*

Terrible Ts: 5*

Kiersolvd: 5*

Crystlcryptr: 5*

Hoddevik: 5*

chaosbooboogunner: 5*

jtthjones: 1

zadidoll: 2

Tom Veil: 2

Joe and the JAE Family: 1

yakimacacher: 1

CACHE KRAWLER: 2

By my count there are 29 coins left for sale. I will let those who want them post to this thread until they arrive and the rest will go on eBay.

The coins should be here in 3-4 weeks.