The unofficial HEY JEREMY & ELIAS thread -suggestions, requests, bugs for the GC.Com Benchmark

RACooper

To All:

Jeremy hasn't mentioned it in the Benchmark Hunting Forum until recently, but he has mentioned it in other forums that the only forum he reads daily or with regularity is this one:

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showforum=8

That is the Geocaching Website Forum.

He asks that people bring their problems and requests there.

He has also mentioned in the past that he is pretty selective about his daily email, so the forum post would still likely be the best bet.

Rob

I think there is a bug in the benchmark gallery, now.

There have been several posts with a date that is way off. An example is the latest post (as of 8:30 am) for "New York 046.jpg." It is listed for 1/1/2003. I followed the link to the datasheet, for "Empire State Building," PID KU3602. It was posted by Tomsle, and he posted on 2/28/2005. I scrolled down the whole list of posts (one of the few that has over a dozen postings) and saw no entry that has 1/1/2003.

I had seen this, before.

Here is a list of ones in the current gallery that are showing similiar behavior:

Page 7: A series of water tank pictures - Arnett Municipal Water Tank, GJ0706, poasted byOSU brigadier on 2/28/2005 (actually, it seems like a whole series of pictures from the same person).

Page 17-18: A series of pictures by SRD525 that had a date of 5/31/2001 but were posted on 2/26/2005: Pembroke Unitarian Church -MY4177; Hansen Corner 14 1889-MY4290; Jones, MY4151; and others.

PAge 20: A series of pictures by Swatunit that had a date of 3/28/2003 by was posted on 02/26/2005.

And more.

I only name names to get at a pattern in a perceived problem - not to pick on anyone. The dates don't appear related to anything posted by benchmarkers or in the datasheet descriptions. Is it somehow related to how the visit is logged, or is it something else?

How about a flag for each log entry: "Reported to NGS? Y/N"

Some people like to find, but don't bother reporting to the NGS. Others like to keep the NGS up to date, and may revisit finds set to N just to do that.

Plus, if the databases are ever attempted to be merged in either direction it may be useful.

To All:

Just to refresh everyones memory, this is no longer the appropriate place to post requests to Jeremy and Groundspeak.

Jeremy hasn't mentioned it in the Benchmark Hunting Forum until recently, but he has mentioned it in other forums that the only forum he reads daily or with regularity is this one:

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showforum=8

That is the Geocaching Website Forum.

He asks that people bring their problems with the forum operation, and requests for new features there. So rather than post them here where they will be ignored, Go ask for the changes you would like to say or suggest at that forum, not in this thread. I mean you are asking right? Why not ask where your request has half a chance of being read.

Jeremy has also mentioned in the past that he is pretty selective about his daily email, so the forum post would still likely be the best bet.

Tennessee, This Pinned thread has outlived it's useful life, Is there is any chance we can "UnPin" it and let it float away? Jeremy has asked that we make all future requests in the website forum. Please think it over.

Thanks,

Rob