"10 years of geocaching" macro geocoins (3")

ernies

I bought one of these at GWVIII. I didn't get any manufacturer for activation. How and where do I get the activation code?

actually there should have been a sticker with the code along with the coin. however you can always retrieve it here:

geocoins.biz

(repost from ernies)

When we filled out that survey, it said that although it wasn't a binding order, we WERE expected to buy:

remember: this is not a final binding order. however, if you fill in this form, you are expected to buy.

I DID expect to buy!! Now I may not be able to? :D I am NOT happy. :):D:lol:

Me too. :(

Had I known they would be for sale in the US then I probably wouldn't have bothered signing up.

However, even those which were available in the US were only available at GW...so now I guess we won't be getting one? Or if we do it looks like it will probably be August (or later) before we can purchase.

Color me confused. :)

I picked up one of these (Polished Gold version) from my favorite beancounter at Groundspeak during GW8 for US$10. Although the coin is 3", it is also zinc based, so the expected 'heft' is not there as it would have been with a copper based coin. The design of the coin is spectacular. I would have preferred IHE to the SE/Epoxy combo, but its beautiful nonetheless and a fantastic addition to my meager collection.

~J

the coins shown above is the QR version. the Groundspeak version (with the gc.com logo instead of the QR code) will be available again in september.

I made a reservation, however I was under the impression I could get a coin with the GC logo on it.... guess I'll have to wait until Sept before I make my purchase... :)

the coins shown above is the QR version. the Groundspeak version (with the gc.com logo instead of the QR code) will be available again in september.

I made a reservation, however I was under the impression I could get a coin with the GC logo on it.... guess I'll have to wait until Sept before I make my purchase... :anibad:

Same here...

last call to all who have reserved to get their coins now. (please hurry if you want one now.)

all reservations until july 25 are now served.

public sale for all others (who have no reservation) will start in about one week.

You're talking about the qr version, correct?

sale is now open for everyone. reservations are forfeited now.

it looks like there won't be a further mint of the QR code version.

however there will be the GS (Groundspeak) version coming in september.

info about coin and link to web shop:

http://ingwer.ch/geo/coins/10_years_of_geo...ng_geocoin.html

(if there is any ordering problem at the shop checkout, delete all cookies set by fsu.ch, then it should work. new shop software coming in a few weeks. sorry in case you are one of those who had difficulties with the order.)

remint of the Groundspeak version of "10 years of geocaching" is available (i.e. the one with the gc.com logo on its back).

3553_10_years_gc_300_mg.jpg

(matte gold)

3553_10_years_gc_300_gold.jpg

(polished gold)

3553_10_years_gc_300_ms.jpg

(matte silver – this 40pc only xle version is on ebay auctions)

overview on all versions and editions (incl. link to the shop):

http://ingwer.ch/geo/coins/10_years_of_geo...ng_geocoin.html

Edited by ernies