"10 years of geocaching" macro geocoins (3")

ernies

happy 10 year celebrations! a new 3" macro geocoin called "10 years of geocaching" is currently in production. unfortunately only the samples were ready for the anniversary day. the mass production should be in at the end of may or in june.

in order to give as many people as possible the chance to purchase such a coin, i have to know how many of you are interested in buying one at the price of about 19 dollars (14 euros), so i can provide more, in case. coin is fully trackable with custom icon, of course.

if you are interested, please go to the short survey at

http://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?fo...lNDlaN3JpbHc6MQ

this is not a binding order, however fill in the form only if you are really interested please.

3516_qr_gold_front.jpg

A price of about 19 dollars (14 euros), :D;) 8 or 9 euro's is more of a price.

i agree, for regular coins of 1.5" to 2" size.

for this one, please just consider its size (3 inches) takes about 3 to 4 times as much metal (and colors) as an average 1.5" to 2" coin and is therefore more costly to mint.

(so, 1.5" to 2" coins at 9 euros are comparatively expensive ...) :unsure:

Edited by ernies

3553_gold_back.jpg

here is the back. (some slight color adjustments will be done, however the design is set).

btw. this coin will be available in a geocoin/geocaching web store in the u.s.a. as well, so u.s. customers might order it directly from there (saves postage). i don't tell you which shop so you don't bother anyone now. no reservations taken there anyway.

At first the price sounds pretty steep. But seriously, it's not like I haven't paid that much for a coin before. And those coins were half the size. So price is understandable. Also the design is awesome. Nice BIG coin to celebrate 10 YEARS!!! (BIG milestone :P ) and I love the colors. It's a very big, colorful happy coin :D

I really like it. Great job! Thank you ernies!! :)

3553_gold_back.jpg

here is the back. (some slight color adjustments will be done, however the design is set).

btw. this coin will be available in a geocoin/geocaching web store in the u.s.a. as well, so u.s. customers might order it directly from there (saves postage). i don't tell you which shop so you don't bother anyone now. no reservations taken there anyway.

Are there going to be two versions of this coin? One with the logo and one with the QR code? or did the QR code get dropped for logo above?

If there are two versions, will the pricing structure be similar?

Are there going to be two versions of this coin? One with the logo and one with the QR code? or did the QR code get dropped for logo above?

If there are two versions, will the pricing structure be similar?

yes, there will be another version too (with a qr code), pricing is similar.

yes, there will be another version too (with a qr code), pricing is similar.

Great to know, thanks!

I'm assuming that the "pre-order survey" is for the Logo version. Is it also safe to assume that the Logo version has a different icon and possibly name?

I'm assuming that the "pre-order survey" is for the Logo version. Is it also safe to assume that the Logo version has a different icon and possibly name?

acutally the name is the very same, but yes, there is a different icon for those two versions. icons are already visible at the "all geocoins" page of Groundspeak.

I like the coin, I like the QR version more since it is unique (now). Do I fill in the survey or not? Will this version be available in your shop?

both versions will be available, i will have both coins in the shop, however less of the one with the gc-logo, as that one will be mainly sold through an american webshop (the one i will mention only once the coins are available).

yes, please do fill in the survey.

btw: happy may 3 to all of you!

Edited by ernies

one word: delayed.

(concerning the QR code version).

still at the manufacturer which seems to have problems (and manpower shortage on top of that).

i won't promise anything (i.e. mention any release dates). hope to have them in july.

however the gc.com version (gc.com logo instead of QR code) is out and will be sold at geowoodstock and at the july 4th Groundspeak anniversary in seattle.

one word: delayed.

(concerning the QR code version).

still at the manufacturer which seems to have problems (and manpower shortage on top of that).

i won't promise anything (i.e. mention any release dates). hope to have them in july.

however the gc.com version (gc.com logo instead of QR code) is out and will be sold at geowoodstock and at the july 4th Groundspeak anniversary in seattle.

I bought one of these at GWVIII. I didn't get any manufacturer for activation. How and where do I get the activation code?

I bought one of these at GWVIII. I didn't get any manufacturer for activation. How and where do I get the activation code?

actually there should have been a sticker with the code along with the coin. however you can always retrieve it here:

geocoins.biz

Edited by ernies

just for your information: the QR version is still delayed. please do _not_ contact me about this matter. there is no way i can speed this up. i am desperate about this situation myself (purely caused by the manufacturer). end of july seems realistic, this time (but again: no guarantee).

some of you were able to get one of the GS versions (Groundspeak version, those with the gc.com logo on the back), they were sold by Groundspeak at GW8. however they are sold out. don't bother them either with sending e-mail.

some of these coins might pop up on ebay these days.

there is just one option at the moment and it is called "waiting" (believe me, i am not happy to anounce this).

some of you were able to get one of the GS versions (Groundspeak version, those with the gc.com logo on the back), they were sold by Groundspeak at GW8. however they are sold out. don't bother them either with sending e-mail.

some of these coins might pop up on ebay these days.

Will those of us who filled out the survey be receiving any of these GS versions? :(

i have myself only a handful of those coins (gs version). at the moment i am not sure if i will go for a 2nd batch of those, but most probably i will, especially if Groundspeak is going for more, too. (no news of them so far.)

simply stay tuned.

When we filled out that survey, it said that although it wasn't a binding order, we WERE expected to buy:

remember: this is not a final binding order. however, if you fill in this form, you are expected to buy.

I DID expect to buy!! Now I may not be able to? :( I am NOT happy. :):(:(