search for nearby 10 year event caches

WRITE SHOP ROBERT

After tomorrow it won't matter much. :) I'm not sure that there is a designation for those cache types. I had a PQ that I would look at occasionally for events. All of the sudden the TY events stopped showing up. I checked the PQ and there was no option to check TY events. I never could get it to work to find the events.

I ended up going to the map on the Lost & Found section to find the events I was interested in. I had lost them! It's not a good idea to "watch" events here as it is local protocol to log temp caches at events and you will get hundreds and hundreds of emails from the logs. One event had over 6200 attended logs! :ph34r:

Searching "Nearby caches of this type" broke in the latest update. (Also, in your/my profile clicking on any category brings up all of the caches that you have found.) Hopefully, the frogs/hampsters/lackeys are working on this problem.

On the other fin, the 10 Year Event was great!!! Happy birthday, Frog!

Looking at a 10 year event listing, clicking on "Nearby Caches of this type" yields a list of ALL nearby Caches. That makes it hard to see what other 10 year events are nearby. Was that done on purpose?

Is this why you didn't show up in Redwood Shores today? :unsure:

I used a PQ to search for all caches placed May 1 - May 2. Other than that, the map on the Lost and Found page works.

I find it odd that 10 year events would only be yesterday and today since the actual anniversary of the first placement is on May 3. I'm heading to a May 3 10 Year event tomorrow night.

well it's not only about the first placement, it's also about selective availability being turned off. and the fact that it's a weekend :unsure:

Edited by dfx

The problem exists for multi caches and mystery caches. If I am on a cache page and use the link, "Find...caches of this type." I get all nearby caches.

I just noticed the same problem. Any search from a cache page for "nearby caches", for any type of cache produces a result for all caches. I assume it is being worked on? Thanks.

If anyone need specifics (OS and or browser) I'll be more than happy to comply.

P.S. I made a promise to myself to stay off the forums so pardon this one indiscretion! Thanks. :D

I find it odd that 10 year events would only be yesterday and today since the actual anniversary of the first placement is on May 3. I'm heading to a May 3 10 Year event tomorrow night.

I'm not sure where that date range came from but the Lost and Found Tour page has April 30 - May 3, 2010.

After tomorrow it won't matter much. :) I'm not sure that there is a designation for those cache types. I had a PQ that I would look at occasionally for events. All of the sudden the TY events stopped showing up. I checked the PQ and there was no option to check TY events. I never could get it to work to find the events.

I ended up going to the map on the Lost & Found section to find the events I was interested in. I had lost them! It's not a good idea to "watch" events here as it is local protocol to log temp caches at events and you will get hundreds and hundreds of emails from the logs. One event had over 6200 attended logs! :D

So any day now, in the geocaching topics forum, I'm expecting a "who attended the most 10 Years! events?" thread. And of course there will be people in Ohio who attended the same one 25 times. Looking forward to that one. :D

Actually, I hadn't tried the "nearest caches of this type" search in quite some time, and also myself noticed it being broken on 10 Years! events.