Mega Wales 2011

On behalf of the organising committee Wales 2011 :)

It was announced at our 5th S Wales event at Clyne Farm earlier today, that Wales Mega 2011 will be at the Brangwyn Hall Swansea on the 31st July 2011 ( a Sunday so free parking :ph34r: )

We hope to welcome the geocaching fraternity and families to Wales.

The Boss - Chairman of the Mega Committee

Very close to the 2009 Mega... had hoped it would be mid Wales.... :)

As always, the events will be near where the volunteers live. For the sake of an hour up/down the road from Mid-Wales, it's not far different. Besides.... it's a different country :):ph34r:

Mid-Wales was considered - as to the resources for the Royal Welsh show at Builth Wells - but as Stuey said we all live in S Wales and know our area. Many venues were discussed from Chepstow to Tenby, 4 venues were visited by the sub-committee and the Brangwyn Hall had the WOW factor for all of us.

There were MANY considerations taken into account and Swansea is our choice of venue which provides what we feel will be of interest for cachers, non-caching family members and a place to enjoy for all.

Weston may be close across the water but it does NOT have the hills and mountains of S Wales :ph34r:

There are a lot of UPs :):)

Lilian - The other half in charge of fund raising

Edited by mollyjak

I for one will be looking forward to it and be travelling from Oxford. Doesnt matter where in the uk a mega event is held you will always find someone who isnt happy with the location.

Again we be there, looking forward to it!!!

many thanks

Thank you Robin - we will ask if needed :)

Thank you Mega Scotland - you are already helping us loads as we prepare for our wander north :)

Thank you smstext - I think you handed us a cache at the Worm's head yesterday - you were a gentleman and saved 2 of us from the gorse bushes :D

Birdman - mmm castle??? dragon???? may have to think on that for a while!!!! :P

Lilian

YAY! We'd really like to come too.

Could we ask that some consideration is made to the camping?

Last year at the wonderful Mega @ Weston (which had the bestest on-the-beach-event), unfortunately the campsite owners wouldn't hold a field for people (which initially they said they would) and some of us ended up nearly 1/2 a mile away from fellow geo-campers (not to mention the 15 - 20 families who couldn't get in to the site at all).

Not a criticism in any way of the Mega team @ Weston because it was completely out of their control, but certainly a lesson-learned.

If anything, perhaps if someone could take ownership of communication with the campsite and a mention is made as soon as the event is officially released, then perhaps we could persuade the campsite owners of at least a rough-numbers intention so that we can all be in the same field (as we were in Harrogate)

In addition, I think more and more of us Geocampers have camper-wagons and snail-houses which benefit from Electricity. I also know of many who just "don't do tents, but I'd do a lodge or bunk-house".

Please don't take this as a negative :D

We'll do our best to work our holidays around it as we have in the previous 2 years.

Yes - camping sites being looked at :)

Forgot to say the Brangwyn Hall is about 75/100 yards away from the beach!! 10 mins walk from city centre and a 15 min drive to the Gower peninsula.

Walk the worm's head in Rhossili as we did for the 10th birthday event on Sunday - well some did (I didn't :D )

Lilian

Still thinking about castles and dragon :D

Good luck folks you have lots of work in front of you..

And probably a lot of flack as well. :)

If I can help any I will.. As Com member in 2008 I know about the workload :D

A campsite that takes commercials would be good...

But you REALLY need to get a dragon sorted!!! :D

And probably a lot of flack as well. :)

If I can help any I will.. As Com member in 2008 I know about the workload :D

But you REALLY need to get a dragon sorted!!! :D

Thank you

We know we won't please ALL of the people ALL of the time but we will do our best :mad:

The request for a dragon will be put in front of the committee ( Anyone remember the comedy programme was it Wheel tappers and Shunters?? and one comic always had to talk to the commiiiiiittee)

Any oldies out there????

Lilian

The request for a dragon will be put in front of the committee ( Anyone remember the comedy programme was it Wheel tappers and Shunters?? and one comic always had to talk to the commiiiiiittee)

Any oldies out there????

Lilian

I remember watching it as a child.... ;) A very young child..... :anicute:

Can I put a request in for a sub-event on Flat Holm please.

That is under consideration BUT it took us 4 attempts before we finally made it because of the weather!! <_<

Its OK " The dark destroyer of Flatholm " promises to stay away from any plans to go to Flatholm :)

And probably a lot of flack as well. :D

If I can help any I will.. As Com member in 2008 I know about the workload :(

But you REALLY need to get a dragon sorted!!! :)

Thank you

We know we won't please ALL of the people ALL of the time but we will do our best :)

Any oldies out there????

Lilian

<_< I still use expressions from that lot LOL They were well funny.