Freudian Geocaching

Wouldn't it be interesting to know what Sigmund Freud would have thought about geocachers various ways and the personal rules that we make for ourselves?

I know my abnormal psych professors would have a ball watching us! :ph34r:

Things like 'Everyone must sign the log vs group logging is okay', 'Everone should log their DNFs vs I never log a DNF', etc. We have a lot of rules that we make for ourselves, and it seems quite a lot of us interpret the guidelines in ways that match our caching habits.

What do you think that the way we choose to cache says about us?

What would Sigmund say?

Yeah, ummm...I haven't noticed a special eagerness on the part of geocachers to kill they daddies and sleep with they mamas, so I don't think Freud would be real interested. He was pretty much all naughty sex thoughts, all the time.

Skinner might have something to say about cache finding and positive reinforcement, but dude could never think outside the box.

Yeah. A BF Skinner joke. Sue me.

Yeah, ummm...I haven't noticed a special eagerness on the part of geocachers to kill they daddies and sleep with they mamas, so I don't think Freud would be real interested. He was pretty much all naughty sex thoughts, all the time.

Huh. Me too. :ph34r:

Skinner might have something to say about cache finding and positive reinforcement, but dude could never think outside the box.

Ah! Now there's a t-shirt slogan: Geocachers think inside the box!

Yeah. A BF Skinner joke. Sue me.

Yeah. I have often wondered what that says about Freud. Of course that leaves me wondering what wondering about Freud says about me. :ph34r:

Ok, I'm feeling a bit self conscious right now so I'm gonna go watch some AFV until I start feeling normal again. Back in a flash.

Never studied Freud very much but he might be amused by some of the logs. Jung would undoubtedly consider it a metaphor - an archetypal experience of what is hidden and what is found; the journey of the hero into the darkness of the dnf - only to emerge with the cache in hand; a symbol of how we hide our inner selves and allow others to see our real selves with the right clues.

Edited by Erickson