in celebration of 10 yrs of cacheing,lets all do 10 caches in 10 days,

:ph34r: in celebration of the 10 yrs of geocaheing,lets all do 10 cahes in 10 days,,yes i know the thing is to do something between april 30th and may 3rd,,but why stop there? make it a month long or 10 day long celebration{ some folks dont get to log on here all the time like others do,,so lets be FAIR,SOME FOLKS HAVE LIVES OUTSIDE GEOCAHEING,,LOL}

THEN EVERYONE LOGS ONTO THAT CAAHE PAGE WITH THE MESSAGE,,"10 CAHES IN 10 DAYS" BEFORE PUTTING ANY OTHER POST,,DONT FORGET TO METION ITS IN HOMOR OF THE 10 YRS OF GEOCACHEING,,WHO KNOWS WE MIGHT JUST GET SOEMTHING STARTED,,I INTENED TO START TODAY,,IN MY OPION,,WHY LIMIT SOMETHING LIKE THIS TO 4 DAYS,,I AM SURE THER ARE HARD CASES OUT THER WHO WOULD ARGUE WITH ME,,BUT THEY ALSO HAVE NOTHINGBETTRE TO DO THAN CACHE,,I SPEND MY DAYS WITH WORK,HOME SCHOOLING 2 KIDS,TAKING CARE OF MY ELDERLY DAD,RUNNING A 4h GRUOP,AND RETRAING DOGS FOR A RESUCE PROGRAM,,SO I AM BUSY,,CACHEING IS PART OF MY LIFE,,BUT NOT THE MAIN THING,,WE DO AS MANY AS WE CAN,,WHENWE CAN,,NOT TO SAY WE DONT LOVE IT,,

IN NO AY DO I INTEND TO OFFEND ANYONE WHO HAS THE TIME TO HIT UP CACHES EVERYDAY,EVERY TIME A NEW ONE POPS UP,,BUT PLEASE REALIZE,,THAT THE REST OF US,,WHO ARE JUST AS DEVOTED TO HAVING GOOD FAMILY FUN LIKE YOU,,HAVE OTHER PRESSING FACTERS IN OUR LIVES,,SO PLEASE,,NO NEGATIVE COMMENST,,ITS NOT WANTED OR NEEDED,,BUT I DO THINK THIS WOULD BE A FUN THING TO DO,,AM NOT SUREAS TO HOW TO LIST THIS,,AN EVENT CACHE,,AND IT MAY NOT COUNT AS IT DSOENT FALL WITHEN THE 4 DAYS ALLOWED,,

HAVE FUN EVERYONE,,10 CAHES IN 1O DAYS,,

I feel for your situation. Our caching is limited too as my 92yo blind grandmother lives with us. She has been with us since fall of '07. Since we can't really leave her and we get little respite help it has put a real ka-bosh on our caching.

I'd be happy to get 10 caches in 10 days. :ph34r::)

Wow that's a lot of commas... Anyhoo, I would find 10 caches in 10 days to be crampin' my style a little bit. :ph34r: How about 10 caches a day for 10 days? Just kidding. We all have different abilities to go out and find caches, and time constraints and whatnot.

I say go for it!! Doing caches with specific number patterns is fun!

Sounds like a good way to wean myself OFF caching.

Tho I have little interest in "power trails" I did go out and hit one for about an hour a couple weeks ago just to see what kind of pace was possible. With someone else doing the driving, on a trail that had caches roughly every .1 mile, I got 55 in an hour. And wasn't really even breathing hard. Granted, my driver knew where most of them were, having been to them before, and the jeep had no doors, and there was no traffic, but it can be done. Doing the math, if it were possible to do that for 24 hours, that would be over 1200 caches in a day. Not my cup of tea, to be sure (I was quite bored after just an hour) but it's a little interesting to speculate. Also kind of makes all those much ballyhooed "world records" a little less impressive, to be honest, since pretty much ALL of those these days are being done with power trails.

:unsure: in celebration of the 10 yrs of geocaheing,lets all do 10 cahes in 10 days,,yes i know the thing is to do something between april 30th and may 3rd,,but why stop there? make it a month long or 10 day long celebration{ some folks dont get to log on here all the time like others do,,so lets be FAIR,SOME FOLKS HAVE LIVES OUTSIDE GEOCAHEING,,LOL}

THEN EVERYONE LOGS ONTO THAT CAAHE PAGE WITH THE MESSAGE,,"10 CAHES IN 10 DAYS" BEFORE PUTTING ANY OTHER POST,,DONT FORGET TO METION ITS IN HOMOR OF THE 10 YRS OF GEOCACHEING,,WHO KNOWS WE MIGHT JUST GET SOEMTHING STARTED,,I INTENED TO START TODAY,,IN MY OPION,,WHY LIMIT SOMETHING LIKE THIS TO 4 DAYS,,I AM SURE THER ARE HARD CASES OUT THER WHO WOULD ARGUE WITH ME,,BUT THEY ALSO HAVE NOTHINGBETTRE TO DO THAN CACHE,,I SPEND MY DAYS WITH WORK,HOME SCHOOLING 2 KIDS,TAKING CARE OF MY ELDERLY DAD,RUNNING A 4h GRUOP,AND RETRAING DOGS FOR A RESUCE PROGRAM,,SO I AM BUSY,,CACHEING IS PART OF MY LIFE,,BUT NOT THE MAIN THING,,WE DO AS MANY AS WE CAN,,WHENWE CAN,,NOT TO SAY WE DONT LOVE IT,,

IN NO AY DO I INTEND TO OFFEND ANYONE WHO HAS THE TIME TO HIT UP CACHES EVERYDAY,EVERY TIME A NEW ONE POPS UP,,BUT PLEASE REALIZE,,THAT THE REST OF US,,WHO ARE JUST AS DEVOTED TO HAVING GOOD FAMILY FUN LIKE YOU,,HAVE OTHER PRESSING FACTERS IN OUR LIVES,,SO PLEASE,,NO NEGATIVE COMMENST,,ITS NOT WANTED OR NEEDED,,BUT I DO THINK THIS WOULD BE A FUN THING TO DO,,AM NOT SUREAS TO HOW TO LIST THIS,,AN EVENT CACHE,,AND IT MAY NOT COUNT AS IT DSOENT FALL WITHEN THE 4 DAYS ALLOWED,,

HAVE FUN EVERYONE,,10 CAHES IN 1O DAYS,,

Sorry after losing time trying to decipher eye popping all caps and figuring out what word was intended here and there the only thing that stuck was the title and sneak tip insult.

10 caches in 10 days? some people here do more than 10 caches in just an hour! :unsure:

That's true but if you're going to suggest a "challenge" such as this it should be something that can be done as globally as possible. There are a lot of places where this game is played where finding 10 caches in an hour is impossible, many places where finding 10 in a day would be quite a challenge, and some areas where just one a day for 10 days would require an expensive amount of travel. I wish there were more challenges which catered to those that do not live in higher density cache areas.

I'd say it's a good plan as long as you just have to find 10 caches in 10 days, but you can mix it up. So if you want to do 10 in one day you are covered. If you can do 1 a day awsome. If you want to spread it out in any other order that is wonderful too. We live out in the country and I think it's about a 5 mile drive to the first cache. A few more miles to the next one... Since I've already done the closest 2 I have to drive at least that far to get started. Needless to say I don't go out every day. But I also did 10 caches on Sunday (including the event) and most of them required walking. All day outside in the heat, a CITO and a loop that seemed like it was miles long, all on a bum knee. Let's just say I haven't had the energy to go out since. Plus I'm not going to spend the money on gas just to get 1 cache, unless maybe it's a FTF and I can't sleep. LOL

Fun challange though.

How about "10 4 10" Happy Birthday Geocaching!

Then each of us could explain what our 10 caches were. We could all use this common phrase but then start the log with our own personal challange. For Example:

"10 4 10" Happy Birthday Geocaching!

Today I went caching with my brother and found 10 caches to celebrate 10 Years of Geocaching!

or

"10 4 10" Happy Birthday Geocaching!

This cache is my 7th cache in 7 days to celebrate 10 Years of Geocaching!

or

"10 4 10" Happy Birthday Geocaching

Finding this cache marks the 9th cache of 10 that I found on my lunch break to celebrate 10 Years of Geocaching!

AM NOT SUREAS TO HOW TO LIST THIS,,AN EVENT CACHE,,AND IT MAY NOT COUNT AS IT DSOENT FALL WITHEN THE 4 DAYS ALLOWED,,

Please see the note I left on your "10 CAHES IN 10 DAYS" locationless event cache submission, where I explained the answer to this. Until you modify your listing to meet the guidelines, I cannot publish your cache idea.

10 caches in 10 days? some people here do more than 10 caches in just an hour! :D

PS: did not read above post due to caps lock and general incoherency :)

Mental quandry... respond to the fact that I dislike the capslock key too or respond to the meanness.. ? I guess it's best to keep some things to ourselves. Good advice for dfx.

But I have already hosted and attended official 10 Year events. And I found a few more than 10 on the way to the event on Sunday. Does this mean I cannot participate in THIS,,NEW,, IDEA,,???????? :)

Jeepers.. tough crowd. Some of you people need to get out and cache more often.