How come I lost my premium membership?

FunkyCachers

I just upgraded to a premium member on April 28, 2010 and I went to download a PQ for tomorrow and it said I needed to upgrade my membership??? What happened? Where did my 30$ go? Has this happened to anyone else?

When I look at your public profile page it says "Member" rather than "Premium Member" so I would have to guess that you either haven't validated your account or your Premium payment was not accepted.

hmm srange, my payment seemed to go through just fine the other night. And no it isn;t the first time I have downloaded PQ, I grabbed a couple last night and the night before.

If the payment didn't go through you would think it would have kicked it back much sooner.

Do you have more than one account?

If not, you should contact Groundspeak (contact@geocaching.com).

NO I only have one account and yah I have already sent geocaching.com a contact form, but I wanted to go caching tomorrow and now I can't download a PQ, grrr.

Since they just upgraded the membership section of the website yesterday, it's possible you were somehow caught in the transition. Send an email to contact at geocaching.com with the details and I'm sure they'll straighten things out for you.

Since they just upgraded the membership section of the website yesterday, it's possible you were somehow caught in the transition. Send an email to contact at geocaching.com with the details and I'm sure they'll straighten things out for you.

Thank you I already sent them a contact form, but seriously I am a little impatient ;-)

I was hoping to take my father in law and my kids caching tomorrow and now I can't create the PQ i wanted to.

I was reading on a another post on the forum that with the purchase of my Oregon 450 GPS i was entitled to a 30day trail membership so I tried to activate that and it still won't give me a premium membership :ph34r:

I haven't seen any other complaints here about new membership purchases not working, so you could buy another one (maybe just the $10 3-month one) and when they straighten out your previous one it will add on the end, so you'll end up with one-year-three-months.

Then again, taking some newbies caching for the first time, you really don't need to download a boatload of caches. They'll tire long before you find many. Just print a few cache pages, use the LOC files to get them to your GPS and go have fun. Don't sweat the PQs for now.

The exact same thing has happened to me, I paid 2 days ago and the money has left my bank account, i, I have had an email confirming my payment and an email congratulating me on upgrading. I was using the premium membership facilities yesterday but can't today. I am going to contact Groundspeak to see what has happened, I was looking forward to using all of the premium features this weekend as it is bank holiday in UK so we get a 3 day weekend :ph34r:

Edited by Makers_of_Mischief

I've been a Premium Member for nearly 5 years.

Automatic renewal etc... each October.

Checked into my account this evening (UK time) and I'm now a basic member :P:D:):)

Hope, when it's resolved, that I haven't lost all my PQs, watchlists, notifications etc... etc...

Yeah, I have been bumping into them all weekend at 10 year events.

And, at the moment, while they're out enjoying themselves, I can't see or do more than half of what I want to :):mad::mad::mad:

edit to add:

I've sent in a support request - wonder how long it'll take to get

a: answered

b: problem resolved.

Edited by CrazyL200

My account is fine, but a cacher we met at a 10th year event yesterday had the same problem and was asking around about it. She had been a premium member for several months. She has automatic renewal which isn't due for a while and this weekend she discovered she'd been switched back to basic.

I've been a Premium Member for nearly 5 years.

Automatic renewal etc... each October.

Checked into my account this evening (UK time) and I'm now a basic member :):):):mad:

Hmmmm .......................................

I owe an apology to all, especially at Groundspeak.

Seems I had messed with my Paypal account sometime ago and somehow cancelled my recurring membership.

An email from TPTB at Groundspeak gently explained the errors of my ways :P

Membership now renewed and all back to normal.

Again, apologies to all for the "senior moment" :D

Off now to see what all the changes are about :mad:

I renewed my annual premium membership in January. Things were working fine until earlier this week. I sent a request to GS help on Tuesday to restore my account. No response yet. I'm wondering how long it will take for them to make the fix.

I renewed my annual premium membership in January. Things were working fine until earlier this week. I sent a request to GS help on Tuesday to restore my account. No response yet. I'm wondering how long it will take for them to make the fix.

I'm puzzled. Your profile indicates " Status: Premium Member" and you're also listed as a premium member here in the forums. What are you seeing that indicates you're no longer a premium member?

--Larry

I'm puzzled. Your profile indicates " Status: Premium Member" and you're also listed as a premium member here in the forums. What are you seeing that indicates you're no longer a premium member?

--Larry

It's back. :) I swear it was gone for a time. :)