Cannot search for any cartridges without server error

Journeymnn

I cannot search for any cartridges by any means - zip, state, country, advanced, browsing latest. Every search leads to the message at the end of my post. I'm running Firefox 3.6.3 on a Mac.

Thanks,

Journeymnn

Server Error in '/' Application.

Runtime Error

Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine.

Details: To enable the details of this specific error message to be viewable on remote machines, please create a <customErrors> tag within a "web.config" configuration file located in the root directory of the current web application. This <customErrors> tag should then have its "mode" attribute set to "Off".

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

<configuration>

<system.web>

<customErrors mode="Off"/>

</system.web>

</configuration>

Notes: The current error page you are seeing can be replaced by a custom error page by modifying the "defaultRedirect" attribute of the application's <customErrors> configuration tag to point to a custom error page URL.

<configuration>

<system.web>

<customErrors mode="RemoteOnly" defaultRedirect="mycustompage.htm"/>

</system.web>

</configuration>

I cannot search for any cartridges by any means - zip, state, country, advanced, browsing latest. Every search leads to the message at the end of my post. I'm running Firefox 3.6.3 on a Mac.

Thanks,

Journeymnn

Runtime Error

Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine.

Details: To enable the details of this specific error message to be viewable on remote machines, please create a <customErrors> tag within a "web.config" configuration file located in the root directory of the current web application. This <customErrors> tag should then have its "mode" attribute set to "Off".

<configuration>

<system.web>

</system.web>

</configuration>

Notes: The current error page you are seeing can be replaced by a custom error page by modifying the "defaultRedirect" attribute of the application's <customErrors> configuration tag to point to a custom error page URL.

<configuration>

<system.web>

</system.web>

</configuration>

Same here, browsing cartridges, near my location etc...

I've known about this problem since early last week. This is one of the things I will be talking with Groundspeak about.

I wonder if there's any process for checking over the site after an update. Makes me wonder how things are going over at the Waymarking site.

Try this.

In google search type in "site:Wherigo.com" then any search term you like so i.e.

"site:Wherigo.com play anywhere"

All the results that comeback will only be from Wherigo.com.

I used this method to find all the open source carts, so that I can learn how they work. I searched "site:Wherigo.com download source"

Works for anysite.

Edited by JohnE5

I wonder if there's any process for checking over the site after an update. Makes me wonder how things are going over at the Waymarking site.

Yes - In the software biz we call it "Regression Testing". As to Waymarking, it would be a lot more popular if it was part of caching again...

Edited by scporich

Update: I spoke with Bryan this evening and demonstrated the problem. He entered an issue with the highest priority. He was very, oh... say, surprised it has been like this for a week and a half.

By the way, I demonstrated NONE of the search functionality works. If you want to know my opinion on the matter, I bet it's not even a problem with the search. I would venture to guess it's a problem with displaying the list of cartridges. That's what all the different types of searches have in common.

I like the first half of your response, scporich. As for the second half, I will officially log a "no comment" as to Waymarking and caching. Anything I say about the matter could move conversation in that direction. I will venture this, though: I do enjoy finding virtuals and have had many memorable experiences at them.

Thanks for the responses. Now we will see how fast "highest priority" is.

Still Down! Here is what I get!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Runtime Error

<configuration>

<system.web>

</system.web>

</configuration>

<configuration>

<system.web>

</system.web>

</configuration>

I AM AWARE !!!!

Seriously, though, I check the site several times during the day to see if the problem has been resolved. Perhaps Groundspeak will add the fix during their next gc.com code push. I haven't received an update on this matter since my last conversation.

I wish there was something more I could do for the community on this matter.

I AM AWARE !!!!

Seriously, though, I check the site several times during the day to see if the problem has been resolved. Perhaps Groundspeak will add the fix during their next gc.com code push. I haven't received an update on this matter since my last conversation.

I wish there was something more I could do for the community on this matter.

One can hope they slip in the "search for nearby cartridges" / "filter out finds" function the rest of the Groundspeak sites have had for years when they fix this......

I could search for cartridges by Author. But only when I was not logged in. If I log in to try and download a cart the log-in crashes. Or if I try to visit the home page while logged in I get

Column 'Locale' does not belong to table Table.
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.ArgumentException: Column 'Locale' does not belong to table Table.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[ArgumentException: Column 'Locale' does not belong to table Table.]
  System.Data.DataRow.GetDataColumn(String columnName) +1775301
  System.Data.DataRow.get_Item(String columnName) +13
  Groundspeak.Web.User.fillValues(DataRow& row, Boolean blnReadOnly) in C:\projects\TFS\Tucson\trunk\Main\Src\Common\Tucson.Common.Legacy\User.vb:1496
  Groundspeak.Web.User.fillValues(DataSet& myData, Boolean blnReadOnly) in C:\projects\TFS\Tucson\trunk\Main\Src\Common\Tucson.Common.Legacy\User.vb:1518
  Groundspeak.Web.User..ctor(Int64 id, Boolean blnReadOnly) in C:\projects\TFS\Tucson\trunk\Main\Src\Common\Tucson.Common.Legacy\User.vb:1216
  Groundspeak.Web.User..ctor(Int64 id) in C:\projects\TFS\Tucson\trunk\Main\Src\Common\Tucson.Common.Legacy\User.vb:1203
  WebFormBase.OnPreInit(EventArgs e) in C:\projects\TFS\Tucson\trunk\Main\Src\Web\Tucson.WebApp.Wherigo\code\classes\WebFormBase.cs:74
  System.Web.UI.Page.PerformPreInit() +31
  System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +282

That is in Firefox, I get a similar message in IE as well.

http://www.Wherigo.com/

can't get in...Column 'Locale' does not belong to table Table error also..

Yes, this is a new problem (besides the search error) that I just noticed today. When I try to login to the Wherigo site, I get this error:

"Column 'Locale' does not belong to table Table.""

What a shame. I just uploaded my new cartridge. Is anyone going to be able to download it?

This is also stopping the compilation service from working.

Which means, come 9AM PST (or even 8AM), I'll pick up the phone.

If you're going to leave the site in a more broken state at the end of the day, you should either have to stay after you'd normally get off and fix the problems or revert your changes and continue working the next day.

I spoke with Bryan just a few minutes ago. Here's what's up:

The current bugs, searching for a cartridge and the Locale exception, have been fixed. When we were on the phone, though, he was able to log in to the site and I still had a problem. I was able to log in via Chrome, a browser I don't normally use, but displaying most pages in Firefox still resulted in the Locale problem.

I discovered a workaround for the Locale problem and related it to Bryan. You will need to dump the Wherigo site's cookies (ALL of them and not just the userid cookie) and log back into the site. After I did this, I was able to search for cartridges and go to various pages (due to time constraints, I could not test everything, understand). I do not envy the developer that gets assigned to look at this defect.

Groundspeak will work on fixing the site so people already logged in do not have to dump their cookies. (It's funny that's leading to the Locale problem.) I said I'd relate the workaround to those on the forum.

If anyone has anything other big problems with the site, please add them to this topic. I'm pinning the topic for the time being.

=======================

How did I delete the cookies in Firefox? I'm using the Web Developer Extension. In the "Cookies" menu, I tried deleting just the session cookies. No good. You have to delete all cookies. Thus "Delete Domain Cookies" should do. (I, on the other hand, was more interested in looking at the cookies, so went to "View Cookie Information" and deleted them one by one.) I'm including this information in case it's of benefit.

Coincidentally, if anyone has a list of what their cookies were like before they deleted them, I'd appreciate it if you'd post it here or send it to me via email. I closed that tab while testing, so don't have a testable cookie collection.

Darn, that was fast. I received notice the Locale/cookie issue was fixed.

Since I had already dropped my cookies, can someone else please confirm? If you've been logged into the site from at least a few days ago, I'll need a yes or no answer whether you can visit the home and the "My Home" pages.

This all is good to hear.

Being the programmer I am, I'm tempted to close this topic (after a few days time in case anyone else has any issues) like I do when a defect has been fixed and verified in a source control system. However, this is a forum, so I'll leave it open for now. In a few days, I'll also unpin it.

When Wherigo web site development starts back up, I'll try to create a new subforum for site issues like this, which really don't belong in the "Playing Wherigo" subforum.

If anyone has anything other big problems with the site, please add them to this topic. I'm pinning the topic for the time being.

Posting a log entry still triggers this error:

Could not find stored procedure 'spaw_UPDATECartridge'.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Could not find stored procedure 'spaw_UPDATECartridge'.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[sqlException (0x80131904): Could not find stored procedure 'spaw_UPDATECartridge'.]

AWObjectBase.Update() in C:\projects\TFS\Tucson\trunk\Main\Src\Web\Tucson.WebApp.Wherigo\code\classes\AWObjectBase.cs:385

controls_LogControl.UpdateDB() in C:\projects\TFS\Tucson\trunk\Main\Src\Web\Tucson.WebApp.Wherigo\controls\LogControl.ascx.cs:287

controls_LogControl.btnSubmit_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in C:\projects\TFS\Tucson\trunk\Main\Src\Web\Tucson.WebApp.Wherigo\controls\LogControl.ascx.cs:307

System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e) +111

System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +110

System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.System.Web.UI.IPostBackEventHandler.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +10

System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument) +13

System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(NameValueCollection postData) +36

System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +1565

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.3603; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.3082

Just an update so you know where this is:

When I originally had the phone conversation, I mentioned the logging problem first. (I also cannot log cartridges on the site.) However, I didn't go much into it because I had sent emails before detailing the problem. More time was spent discussing the "new" cartridge list problem.

When the log-in problem happened, attention was spent immediately on that. I had a chance to bring up the cartridge logging problem after that, but I had forgotten about the issue during that time.

I emailed a reminder on Friday and received a request for test conditions. I supplied those on Friday night, after I arrived at a hotel during my cache run.

As of this time, I have not heard a reply. I was hoping that by waiting this long, I would have more to report back to the community.