Thanks Earthcache & GSA

mr. bloodhound

Being an Earth Science teacher in Ohio, I have always made a point to stop by the Geological Society of America booth at the annual National Science Teachers Assn conventions. In fact I have had the pleasure of meeting geoaware on a couple occasions & as well as attending his presentations. Being a cacher since 2003, I was very happy to learn about earthcaches (which was a perfect marriage of my two passions – geocaching and geology). In 2006 - 07 I completed my quest for earthcache master pins. The caches and trips I made to complete this quest are some of the most memorable caching experiences I have ever had. I was very proud of those pins that I had earned. Unfortunately, on Dec. 23 (yes, 2 days before Christmas) we had a house fire and lost everything (including my namesake bloodhound). Once I had found out that my pins were destroyed I emailed geoaware about replacement pins. I specifically stated that I would be willing to purchase them as well as pay for shipping. I received a simple replay from geoaware stating he would take care of it. Within a week I had received a package containing every pin I had lost and no payment was requested.

I just wanted to say thank you to geoaware, GSA, and earthcaching for this kind act that help heal the broken heart of an earthcacher.

Sincerely

mr. bloodhound