how 2 get a cache looked at that needs help

There are two caches in my area that have lots of dnf logs. I sent an e-mail to the CO and no reply.Not sure what my next step should be. One of the cache numbers is GC1JGME ,I would have to look up the other. Not sure if I should contact the reviewer in my area, and I am not sure who that is, or how to find out who he or she is..Any advise appreciated.

Well, since you never logged a DNF, I'll assume that you never looked for it. Many of the DNFs stopped looking due to prickers and mosquitoes. Doesn't mean that the cache is missing, does it?

Cache owner not signed on in the last six months...

I'd suggest going and looking for it. Logging a DNF if you don't find it. Then logging an NA. Unless you're the cache police?

Well, since you never logged a DNF, I'll assume that you never looked for it. Many of the DNFs stopped looking due to prickers and mosquitoes. Doesn't mean that the cache is missing, does it?

I'd suggest going and looking for it. Logging a DNF if you don't find it. Then logging an NA. Unless you're the cache police?

Before you get all bent out of shape,I logged it as "need maint." on this one..GCKNCY. Then I e-mailed the CO..Then I logged "needs archived..

Why the attitude? I didnt jump the gun and ask that one to be archived "GC1JGME"..It was just an example..And yes I looked for it..Its at my union hall..No I didnt log it,But I also didnt try and archive it..

It was just a simple question needing a simple answer officer.

Edited by chachi44089

This cache "GC1JGME" was the first cache I ever looked for.I wasnt a member yet,but was at the hall and decided to look for it.I didnt log it because I wasnt a member. I also didnt try and archive it. I much later sent a nice e-mail to the owner and he advised me he would replace it that weekend. I left it alone from there..No harm done,no big deal.

The other cache "GCKNCY" Is the one I logged as needing archived after three attempts. Its at a place I know well, and the cache is long gone. I also e-mailed the owner before logging a archive log,no response.

I hope this clears up my rather unclear original post. :D

Before you get all bent out of shape,I logged it as "need maint." on this one..GCKNCY. Then I e-mailed the CO..Then I logged "needs archived..

Why the attitude? I didnt jump the gun and ask that one to be archived "GC1JGME"..It was just an example..And yes I looked for it..Its at my union hall..No I didnt log it,But I also didnt try and archive it..

People are still sore about Jiendo and what is implied and it had an active CO. Not saying that HD is, but people are.

I wont post a NA unless the cache is obviously needing repair and then I'll still give a CO a month after a NM.

As far as i am concerned, if you haven't found it then you are causing unnecessary concern if you log a NA.

Contact previous finders and ask them to check or give away the location if you're so concerned.

People are still sore about Jiendo and what is implied and it had an active CO. Not saying that HD is, but people are.

I wont post a NA unless the cache is obviously needing repair and then I'll still give a CO a month after a NM.

As far as i am concerned, if you haven't found it then you are causing unnecessary concern if you log a NA.

Contact previous finders and ask them to check or give away the location if you're so concerned.

Understood..The cache I logged as "needs archived" I know for a fact is not there. The place was totally renovated,gazebo torn down..A previous log stated that they had been there and found it once,then returned and it was gone and the gazebo gone as well. Only well after logging a "needs maint" and sending an e-mail to the CO did I log the archive log..

Should I delete my "needs archived" log, even after all that I said?

Understood..The cache I logged as "needs archived" I know for a fact is not there. The place was totally renovated,gazebo torn down..A previous log stated that they had been there and found it once,then returned and it was gone and the gazebo gone as well. Only well after logging a "needs maint" and sending an e-mail to the CO did I log the archive log..

Should I delete my "needs archived" log, even after all that I said?

GCKNCY right? LuvWahoo was on yesterday. and probably doesn't know to remove the maintenance attribute.

And it looks like somebody deleted the NA.

I went ahead and deleted my "needs archived" log..Its been 20 days since i logged the "needs maint". I will give it more time and another look..And contact other finders and do a little homework before logging a "needs archived".Thanx for the advise and help.

And I sent her an email. I think all will be ok.

I went ahead and deleted my "needs archived" log..Its been 20 days since i logged the "needs maint". I will give it more time and another look..And contact other finders and do a little homework before logging a "needs archived".Thanx for the advise and help.

You see what happens when you guys post wile I'm composing?

Geesh, ya'll need to stop that! :D

You see what happens when you guys post wile I'm composing?

Geesh, ya'll need to stop that! :D

Yes,lol, I hate it when that happens..Do you think what I did is ok now? I really want to do things right and not PO people. Its sometimes a pain to ask a question and get such rude answers from some folks on here, when I had no intention of upsetting them. I am still new and reading and learning as much as I can. I need good advise from the veterans on here, not disrespectful comments.

Yes,lol, I hate it when that happens..Do you think what I did is ok now? I really want to do things right and not PO people. Its sometimes a pain to ask a question and get such rude answers from some folks on here, when I had no intention of upsetting them. I am still new and reading and learning as much as I can. I need good advise from the veterans on here, not disrespectful comments.

As long as both parties resolve the situation without angst, I'd say "It's all good".

Don't let it get to ya. Some times I intentionally come off as a jerk, some time I do it intentionally, sometimes I intend to and fail.

Lots get jaded from the forums and forget not to perpetuate it.

I think once you submit a NA log, it will automatically notify the reviewer. That cannot be undone by deleting the log. You can make the log disappear from the cache page but the reviewer will still receive the NA log. It's now basically between the CO and the reviewer as to whether the cache remains listed.

I think once you submit a NA log, it will automatically notify the reviewer. That cannot be undone by deleting the log. You can make the log disappear from the cache page but the reviewer will still receive the NA log. It's now basically between the CO and the reviewer as to whether the cache remains listed.

Thats fine..I didnt think my log was in error in the first place.