Some warning would be nice!

NeecesandNephews

Was looking at cache listings in my search radius and clicked to the next page... got the message page "down for maintenance, sorry for the inconvenience" Would have been no inconvenience at all if I knew it was going to happen!! I thought they were working on the membership pages and everything else would stay up!!

I'm sorry about that guys. We had planned on releasing code later this afternoon but the membership maintenance is taking longer than expected. We made an eleventh hour decision to go ahead and get the code release out now before resuming the membership maintenance.

As this release includes an important 10 Years! event update we were concerned with waiting any longer. My sincere apologies for the abrupt action.

I totally agree that there should have been a warning, like has been the 'Red bar' atop the web pages recently. Even if was 'under-the-hood' kind of things, just saying that there MIGHT be a downtime, would of helped.

Not all cachers will get to this forum, and should be panicking all over Earth, like a Sat-lost GPSr.

But then again, thanks Nate for letting us know what's happening now, all for the better.

Just notice sooner would of been more better.

Can't wait for the 10 Years! event to attend!

Thanks,

Dr.MORO

Edited by Dr.MORO